Discussion topic: Sky Go App on Windows 10 just shows blue screen / white triangle.

This message was authored by Jon_P This message was authored by: Jon_P

Sky Go App on Windows 10 just shows blue screen / white triangle.

As I am going away for a couple of weeks and I would like to watch sky whilst away.  So, I have just downloaded the latest Sky App to install on my PC and after launcing, it tells me "checking for updates" and then this message dissapears (assuming no updates required as I just downloaded the app); then the app just shows the blue screen with the white triangle and does nothing further.  

I left the app for a while, thinking it could be doing some background task, but still nothing.

I have Windows 10 with all the updates and have never installed Sky App on this laptop before.

I tried the suggestion to uninstall, remove app data, empty recyle bin etc..  But this makes no difference at all.  Noteably, the appData gets removed on uninstall anyway.

I beleive the downloaded version is 23.5.1.0.

I checked event logs in windows, nothing here!

I tried "run as administrator" - no difference.

I tried to run in various compatibilty modes - no difference.

Surely it should not be this difficult ??

All Replies

Jon_P
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jon_P This message was authored by: Jon_P

Re: Sky Go App on Windows 10 just shows blue screen / white triangle.

Is Sky supposed to be helping?  Heard nothing thus far...!!

This message was authored by BigDog123456 This message was authored by: BigDog123456

I am having exactly the same problem. This started occuring suddenly a few months ago. I have tried every possible "solution" I have come accross online and still nothing. Makes me so angry that I as a customer have to find work-arounds for a faulty product. I know I am not the only one, so when is Sky going to help everyone with a solution? 

This message was authored by BP2023 This message was authored by: BP2023

I have the exact same problem. Sucks. Anyone found a solution?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion