Discussion topic: Remote record on sky q

This message was authored by ggunning This message was authored by: ggunning

Remote record on sky q

Hi, 

I was a sky customer years ago and I remember at the time I could use my phone when in the office for example to setup a recording on my Sky + box. This was great.

I am now back with Sky and have Sky Q, but I can't see this functionality. In the Sky Go app I can see the TV Guide but there is no option to select record. 

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

All Replies

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Re: Remote record on sky q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ggunning wrote:

Hi, 

I was a sky customer years ago and I remember at the time I could use my phone when in the office for example to setup a recording on my Sky + box. This was great.

I am now back with Sky and have Sky Q, but I can't see this functionality. In the Sky Go app I can see the TV Guide but there is no option to select record. 

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Hi @ggunning you need to select a programme from the tv guide to see the  record option

Screenshot_20231103_113538_Sky Go.jpg

ggunning
Topic Author
This message was authored by ggunning This message was authored by: ggunning

Thanks for the reply, I tried that but I have no options when I select the program I want to record. see screenshot for example

Screenshot_2023-11-03-12-01-44-908_com.bskyb.skygo.jpg

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@ggunning 

It might be worth reporting this to the apps team via this email address- apps@sky.uk

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Gezza This message was authored by: Gezza

I've tried on a number of occasions to remotely set up a program to record. The app seems to indicate a red R to show it is recording, but get home to find it hasn't recorded, what am I doing wrong!!

@Gezza 

Is it a Sky Q box you have, and did you previously have a Sky+ one ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi it's a sky Q box, I wish in some ways I hadn't changed over to these flakey mini boxes/sky q box as I am always having to reset on a weekly basis. With sky+ boxes the remote recordings always worked. I tried again last night using different techniques and while the app seems show the program is set recoding, it's not! Must be a setting I am missing.

@Gezza 

When you had your Sky Q box installed were you sent a new viewing card as I am wondering if the requests are going to the one you had with your Sky+ box ?

Can't be 100% certain but surely new box new viewing card. I have not raised a complaint with Sky. Thanks.

@Gezza 

To see if they can help you with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Gezza  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Sorry I am completely lost as what chat response I should do next?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Gezza The chat will be through a colourful chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. 

You may need to refresh your browser for the chat bubble to appear.

This link explains how the chat works: "https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147"

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. Please note this isn't a live chat so replies may not be instant.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@Gezza wrote:

Sorry I am completely lost as what chat response I should do next?

You should see the chat bubble at the bottom of this page so select it and then at the very bottom start typing in it for help.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now due to no further response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion