Discussion topic: Recording from my iphone

This message was authored by christopher+Frank This message was authored by: christopher+Frank

Recording from my iphone

I would like to record programmes on my Sky Q box from my iphone . , it shows it's recording on my iphone but it is not recording on my Sky Q boxI have tried to reactivate Watch via Sky Go but it refuses me .  I never had any problems with my old Sky+ box Any help please . Chris

All Replies

This message was authored by Buttery_Ken This message was authored by: Buttery_Ken

Re: Recording from my iphone

@christopher+Frank wrote:

I would like to record programmes on my Sky Q box from my iphone . , it shows it's recording on my iphone but it is not recording on my Sky Q boxI have tried to reactivate Watch via Sky Go but it refuses me .  I never had any problems with my old Sky+ box Any help please . Chris

Do you mean you want the ability to set remote recordings from the Sky Go app? Or do you want to watch recordings made on your Q box on your iPhone via the Sky Go app?

The old Sky+ app allowed you to set remote recordings, even on a Q box, but it has been discontinued and won't be updated any longer so make sure you are using the Sky Go app instead. 

To watch recordings stored on your Q box via Sky Go AFAIK you need to have a multiscreen subscription and be on the same broadband network as your main Q box. 

christopher+Frank
Topic Author
This message was authored by christopher+Frank This message was authored by: christopher+Frank

Thank you for your reply , but Sorry if i've confused you , if I was away from home and I'd forgotten to record a particular programme , I would like to record that particular programme using my iphone  ,to send an instruction to record it , something I was able to do on my old Sky+ box . I do not have multi room  Thank you once again Chris 

This message was authored by Buttery_Ken This message was authored by: Buttery_Ken

@christopher+Frank wrote:

Thank you for your reply , but Sorry if i've confused you , if I was away from home and I'd forgotten to record a particular programme , I would like to record that particular programme using my iphone  ,to send an instruction to record it , something I was able to do on my old Sky+ box . I do not have multi room  Thank you once again Chris 

Ah yes, that's called remote record - setting something to record whilst away from home. 

It's certainly possible using the Sky Go app and you do not need multiscreen. You need to make sure you have logged into the Sky Go app on your iPhone and check the settings that it has logged your viewing card and Sky Q box correctly. You can then use the TV Guide on the app to find the programme you want to record and tap the record to Sky Q box button. It'll automatically send a signal to your Q box and will record the desired programme. 

If you can't get it to work on Sky Go then you can also do it via the TV Guide on the web:

https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/ 

You just need to log in with your regular SkyID and you can click on a programme and select record to send the signal to your Q box. 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I wonder if your Sky Go is somehow linked to the old box still.

christopher+Frank
Topic Author

Hi I've tried all what you suggested but sorry to say it's still not working but thank you for your help 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Chodley wrote:

I wonder if your Sky Go is somehow linked to the old box still.

It could well be as you would have had a new viewing card when you had your Sky Q box installed and annoyingly this was quite easy to fix via the old Sky+ app but you ca't check it via the Sky Go app.

If you login to your online account is the correct viewing card appearing here and not the one you had previously in your Sky+ box:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/tv/card-pairing

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
christopher+Frank
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply, yes i do have the right viewing card installed 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@christopher+Frank 

To see if they can help you with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Buttery_Ken  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Lisa-P1987 wrote:

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Buttery_Ken an invite to chat.

Hi Lisa. It's @christopher+Frank  that has the problem.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion