Discussion topic: Obscenely high bills for truly poor stream quality

This message was authored by dhamilton85 This message was authored by: dhamilton85

Obscenely high bills for truly poor stream quality

When comparing USA to UK for streaming on sporting events such as the Premier League or Champions League I find the difference in stream quality to be unnacceptable given the difference in price paid by customers in each market.

I can totally understand that different markets pay different prices for content, just because America gets access to a full set of Premier League games for less than $10/month it doesn't mean the UK market automatically gets the same. I'm not completely fine with with paying over £30 or more by comparison but  I understand this is how the market for International TV rights works.

The bigger problem for me is the fact that we pay exorbitant monthly fees in the UK and Sky still thinks that a 576p Sky Go stream to the domestic market is adequate in 2024. It's disgraceful. 

In an age where tech-savvy consumers are finding legal ways to access the top-tier content Sky keeps as the conrnerstone of its subscription offering it's a real misstep to then serve muddy looking Sky Go streamns at bitrates that were merely adequate 10-years ago. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion