Discussion topic: How can I get Sky Go App on Oculas Meta3?

This message was authored by MattyBoy567 This message was authored by: MattyBoy567

Re: How can I get Sky Go App on Oculas Meta3?

It goes without saying that currently, VR is a single user experience for most families. If you have a big TV, it just makes more sense to watch that.

However, VR does have its uses. Want to watch a movie or show in the bedroom or other room that doesn't have a TV? No problem, if the headset is portable. But that case use is niche, not mainstream.

But as I said before, Sky doesn't want to support web browsers even on PC, so it's unlikely they will develop a Meta app, that even Amazon and Netflix can't be bothered to support properly.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ilovemyprobe wrote:

Out of curiosity why would Netflix and Prime have representation on a VR headset but Sky doesnt feel the need, anyone know?

Prime and Netflix are global platforms already reaching hundreds of millions (and potentially billions) of households around the planet.  Sky serves something like 26 million properties* in six European countries (UK, RoI, Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland) , so the potential market for a dedicated Sky VR app is correspondingly much smaller.  They experimented with Sky Worlds, but presumably didn't get the take-up that was hoped for.

*and several million of those are broadband rather than subscription television.  While historically significant in the British television industry, it's a minnow on the world scale.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by ilovemyprobe This message was authored by: ilovemyprobe

Makes perfect sense, thanks for taking the time. Cheers

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion