Discussion topic: Apple and SkyGo

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Re: Apple and SkyGo

If you pay for multiscreen just to get Sky Go on Apple TV then you'd be better off just getting a Q minibox. The resolution on Sky Go via Apple TV is extremely poor, 480P in many cases or an absolute maximum of 720P on some content. A minibox will give you 1080P. 

This message was authored by AFD This message was authored by: AFD

other TVs in our house are small ones with one HDMI port don't think I'll be paying extra to plug a Sky box in instead of an Apple TV.

This message was authored by Dazzy+N This message was authored by: Dazzy+N

Apple TV HD and Sky Go

The Sky Go app for the Apple TV HD model does not seem available as of today 03/08/22. Sky phone support know nothing and don't seem ready for calls regarding Apple TV. Shame really given I've read numerous articles about the launch. 

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Re: Apple TV HD and Sky Go

@Dazzy+N wrote:

The Sky Go app for the Apple TV HD model does not seem available as of today 03/08/22. Sky phone support know nothing and don't seem ready for calls regarding Apple TV. Shame really given I've read numerous articles about the launch. 

Strange. It's still available on the app store for the Apple TV 4K box.

Maybe try contacting the trial people who have been running the test versions of the app: trials@sky.uk 

This message was authored by Dazzy+N This message was authored by: Dazzy+N

Hi. Apple TV 4K is fine. That can use the App Store and works well for me. However, although listed as compatible for Sky Go app, the Apple TV HD (3rd Gen) can't access the App Store - so needs apps pushed to them via (OS) updates. And it doesn't seem to have happened yet. Hopefully someone will call me back from Sky soon. 

This message was authored by Fawkesy0811 This message was authored by: Fawkesy0811

Re: Apple TV HD and Sky Go

I have AppleTV 4K. I bought it just to watch Sky in my garden room. But without success. After downloading the SkyGo app, I can't even get beyond the login message which states content is not available "yet". What does that mean anyone?!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion