Discussion topic: Can’t log in to my sky app. keeps saying it doesn’t recognise me and says error 287.

This message was authored by clive121 This message was authored by: clive121

Can’t log in to my sky app. keeps saying it doesn’t recognise me and says error 287.

Can't log in to My Sky app. It doesn't recognise my email address even though I have been a member of Sky  for 20 years. 
it keeps saying error 287 contact customer services. Which I have done but they just told me to wait a few days as they were having problems their end😩

Best Answers
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Re: Can’t log in to my sky app. keeps saying it doesn’t recognise me and says error 287.

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - spoken to @Marsto and after some troubleshooting we have raised this to our Apps team who have accepted the ticket and are managing the case from here. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Can’t log in to my sky app. keeps saying it doesn’t recognise me and says error 287.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have now sent an invite to chat 🙂

Thanks

This message was authored by AngelaJane This message was authored by: AngelaJane

Having the same issue.  What was the cause and solution please?

I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks

This message was authored by Joanne+McK This message was authored by: Joanne+McK

Hi, I've upgrade my phone and receive the same 287 error when trying to log in. Sky.com log in is working fine 

@Joanne+McK 

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Thank you for escalating, a chat request has now been sent 🙂

This message was authored by Marsto This message was authored by: Marsto

Received my new Iphone last month and cannot login to My Sky App. for 6 weeks same issue, error 287 showing. Worked fine on my previous iPhone, has any solution been given. 

I have alerted Sky to your post @Marsto so look out for the blue chat bubble at the bottom of the page.

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks

This message was authored by Joanne+McK This message was authored by: Joanne+McK

No resolution yet 😞

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - spoken to @Marsto and after some troubleshooting we have raised this to our Apps team who have accepted the ticket and are managing the case from here. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

This message was authored by AngelaJane This message was authored by: AngelaJane

So... what is the solution?  I have deleted and reinstalled My Sky, shut down my phone and restarted but still getting error 287.  I did wait for about an hour for the chat to start but can't sit at my laptop all day as I have work to do!   I'm so fed up with it all I am actually leaving Sky but would like the opportunity to be able to possibly use my VIP rewards before I go (after 21 years!).  So again, please... what is the solution to this app error?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion