Discussion topic: tv keeps saying 'no wifi'... but there is!

This message was authored by Nickpan This message was authored by: Nickpan

tv keeps saying 'no wifi'... but there is!

seems to happen daily, and it is a MASSIVE pain to type in anything with a remote.  Does anyone know if I've done something wrong with the tv setup, or is my SHell Energy wifi (which is awful)?

Why it no remember the password from one day to the next?IMG_20230803_162912 (1).jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: tv keeps saying 'no wifi'... but there is!

@Nickpan wrote:

seems to happen daily, and it is a MASSIVE pain to type in anything with a remote.  Does anyone know if I've done something wrong with the tv setup, or is my SHell Energy wifi (which is awful)?

Why it no remember the password from one day to the next?IMG_20230803_162912 (1).jpg

Shell Energy broadband regularly comes top of the table for poor service so it's highly likely to be the cause of your issues. If you can try connecting via ethernet cable direct to your router you might have more luck. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: tv keeps saying 'no wifi'... but there is!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nickpan There are 2 things I would do firstly go into settings > Start up & standby and make sure Networked standby mode is turned ON.  This stops the network disconnection when your Glass/stream goes into standby.

Once you have done that reboot your system by switching Glass or Stream off at the plug socket and waiting for a minute before switching it back on.  It will take about a minute to reboot.

I had a similar problem when I first got Sky Glass and this resolved it.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion