Discussion topic: the last of us UHD

This message was authored by Blewis1973 This message was authored by: Blewis1973

Re: the last of us UHD

On stream

This message was authored by SkyUserSteve This message was authored by: SkyUserSteve

So using Sky Go on a PC or games console?

This message was authored by Blewis1973 This message was authored by: Blewis1973

Stream puck on my Tv

This message was authored by Bobby369 This message was authored by: Bobby369

Does this warrant a partial refund. This is infuriating, it's only available in HD.

This message was authored by SkyUserSteve This message was authored by: SkyUserSteve

Thanks.  

So its on the servers, just not being published to the traditional set top boxes.

This message was authored by Bobby369 This message was authored by: Bobby369

Sky Q isn't a traditional set top box is it?

This message was authored by P0tshot This message was authored by: P0tshot

Yeah this really does take the pee. UHD is increasingly pointless to pay for and if Sky can't even get it right for a flagship show it's just a bit embarrassing.

Not even like this is cutting edge (or even new) technology anymore. Can't work out if it's laziness, incompetence or just a ceaseless pursuit of one penny more profit, a bit pathetic whichever way you look at it.

And they wonder why people are flocking for the door for streaming services instead!

This message was authored by Ben1980 This message was authored by: Ben1980

Just appeared in UHD on Q. 

This message was authored by Ade30 This message was authored by: Ade30

Thanks @Ben1980 

Can confirm this is showing on my Sky Q box now too. No reboot or anything necessary just popped up as an option under all formats. 

Thanks all,

Anyone from Sky able to comment on the delay in it being available?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The UHD/HDR version showing as available this morning on my Stream unit.

Suspect the proces to create the HLG version Sky require failed QC and had to be repeated this takes several hours. It has happened before with delays to other HBO premiers and major movies.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by M3rk This message was authored by: M3rk

I wonder whether they are beholden to HBO to supply the raw data for UHD.

also @dtb87  you shouldn't have to keep picking UHD , mine remembers the last played format , watching episode 3 tonight and played UHD automatically.

as an aside , episode 3 was so so good !!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion