Discussion topic: sky glass tv

This message was authored by Dawn551 This message was authored by: Dawn551

sky glass tv

I got my Sky glass tv in Nov.23.  the remote stopped working recently and sky sent me another, this one is not working either. I did do the switching on/off to trying the reset, I have been using the voice activation which is okay for some things. When I go to for example Netflix (I have the app for Netflix along with others )  it wont select a progamme I havent watched before and selects something else with a similar title. it also wont select the correct channel by number - it recognises bbc1 and bbc2 but not itv.  does anyone else know how to get around this?  I tried to take the back off the 1st remote to check the batterys and could not do this and I didnt want to damage/break it.  any help would be great

Best Answers
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: sky glass tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Dawn551 

Is the remote lighting up? If you will need to remove the back to check batteries and they there isn't any paper from the tab in there. The back of the remote can be extremely stiff at first, but you need to persevere with it. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remote-control-help-sky-glass

See the diagram in that link, it shows how to remove the back.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: sky glass tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Dawn551 

Is the remote lighting up? If you will need to remove the back to check batteries and they there isn't any paper from the tab in there. The back of the remote can be extremely stiff at first, but you need to persevere with it. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remote-control-help-sky-glass

See the diagram in that link, it shows how to remove the back.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion