Discussion topic: Social tariff

This message was authored by Cwright123 This message was authored by: Cwright123

Social tariff

Does anyone know if  the social Tariff broadband would be suitable for Sky glass, gaming and a couple of mobiles, my Superfast contract is coming to an end and am unsure what to to.

Best Answers
Cwright123
Topic Author
This message was authored by Cwright123 This message was authored by: Cwright123 Answer

Re: Social tariff

Thanks for info much appreciate 👍

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cwright123 

The Sky social tariff product is 40/10 FTTC, so should deliver around 35Mbs.  That's getting marginal for Glass running UHD content, particularly if there are other devices at the address sharing the bandwidth.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

From my personal opinion in what I'm seeing on forums etc. anything below 100mbs is always dependant on how reliable your internet is. And I mean from the box at the end of the road not just  your supplier/router.

Have to take into account potentials of busy Wi-Fi channels in evenings that can often reduce 35mbs to 10mbs over the evening. 
I keep suggesting to people its a good idea to run some Wi-Fi speed tests each day in the location the tv would be at different times to check how it performs. Especially at 5-8pm. And then you know if it's worth trying it for the 31 day period. 

Cwright123
Topic Author
This message was authored by Cwright123 This message was authored by: Cwright123 Answer

Thanks for info much appreciate 👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion