Discussion topic: So looking forward..

This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

So looking forward..

Merry Christmas everyone..

12 months in and I can see significant improvements with Glass for sure.

Of course improvements can be made, such as the speakers and dare I say the picture quality.

But overall I've been fairly happy with it all.

Question is when it comes to the end of my agreement, I'd like a bigger one (pardon?) So will any form of trade in be offered or recycle? There has to be some offer of retention surely?

I wonder if v2 is in the offing?

Bah. Humbug.

All Replies

This message was authored by Gincap This message was authored by: Gincap

Re: So looking forward..

There is no trade in deals and no new versions on the TV either! Best bet buy a decent OLED and get a puck. 

It would not surprise me if the tv isn't quietly discontinued. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Red+Silence wrote:

Merry Christmas everyone..

12 months in and I can see significant improvements with Glass for sure.

Of course improvements can be made, such as the speakers and dare I say the picture quality.

But overall I've been fairly happy with it all.

Question is when it comes to the end of my agreement, I'd like a bigger one (pardon?) So will any form of trade in be offered or recycle? There has to be some offer of retention surely?

I wonder if v2 is in the offing?

Bah. Humbug.

I do think the future will very much be Sky Stream rather than Glass. If glass was the future they would have surely be releasing newer models every 2-3 years.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Red+Silence wrote:

So will any form of trade in be offered or recycle? There has to be some offer of retention surely?

That was the intention, as specifically referred to during the launch event back in October 2021 (you'll find the video on YouTube) However the Glass contract / T&C's contain no mention of this, and so far there's no sign at all that Sky still intends to go ahead with it: of course it would require a v2 model, of which there's also no sign.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

There is a video  on YouTube  about the possibility  of a second version  of sky glass  coming out  next year 

This message was authored by Gincap This message was authored by: Gincap

TV manufacturers release new models annually, mainly being enhancements with panel technology, thinner bezels etc. Sky Glass is being reliant on software improvements that quite frankly are slow and still throwing up ongoing errors this past 18 months. Sky have dipped their toe and I suspect found the water rather hot with a high return rate. 

I'm happy to be proved wrong but I suspect Glass will quietly slip away or Sky will go into a partnership with a manufacturer along the same lines as a Fire TV etc. 

Red+Silence
Topic Author
This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

Link please? 

Red+Silence
Topic Author

I think I found it.. Nothing solid though 🤔

https://youtu.be/Ac0xnWq0l9E?feature=shared

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Red+Silence 

Very flimsy, although I'd generally agree with his views on the existing model (and the Live camera)

Any actual information would presumably be under strict NDA because there'd obviously be an issue with shifting remaining stock of a 2.5 year old model if a successor was about to land, particularly with pricing currently higher than at launch.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Freddie+Hayward This message was authored by: Freddie+Hayward

A friend of mine that works for TCL said to me that Sky were working towards a Sky Glass Mk2 for launch in the Second/Third quarter of 2024, but TCL were not involved in the manufacturing of it. 

Can't imagine Sky making any announcements about this until most of the current stock has either been sold or scrapped, 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Lots to speculate about but for me personally I hope they keep the integrated sound system ...... 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion