Discussion topic: Sky stream puck making a high pitched humming sound when on pause or on the home page

This message was authored by XxsamgoxX This message was authored by: XxsamgoxX

Sky stream puck making a high pitched humming sound when on pause or on the home page

I've noticed for the past month a loud high pitched humming/buzzing sound from my sky stream puck, it's through the speakers on my tv and driving me totally nuts I've tried changing some sound settings I've tried a new HDMI cable still the same. It's so annoying. Has anyone else had this issue and has it been resolved? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky stream puck making a high pitched humming sound when on pause or on the home page

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@XxsamgoxX Have you tried the usual rebooting of the puck.  Unplug for a minute and plug it back in again?  If not give that a try and if the noise still persists post back here and I can escalate your post to the Community Messaging Team who will invite you for an online chat for some troubleshooting.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
XxsamgoxX
Topic Author
This message was authored by XxsamgoxX This message was authored by: XxsamgoxX

Re: Sky stream puck making a high pitched humming sound when on pause or on the home page

Yes I've done that on multiple occasions 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@XxsamgoxXTo get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Community Messaging Team who will send you an invitation for an online chat.

The link below explains how the procedure works:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Keep a look out for the speech chat bubble that will appear on the bottom left of your screen when you are logged onto this forum (you will need to refresh your browser from time to time until you see the chat bubble). When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or the chat will be automatically closed.  Note replies from Sky are not instant so you will need to regularly check the chat thread.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @XxsamgoxX an invite to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion