Discussion topic: Sky glass recording

This message was authored by Buzza This message was authored by: Buzza

Sky glass recording

I was half way through watching a movie last night but didn't have time to finish, so I added it to my playlist to finish watching today, so I clicked on my playlist to continue watching the movie which was on a mainstream channel and it wants me to pay, how is this possible when it was free to watch.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

Re: Sky glass recording

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Buzza wrote:

I was half way through watching a movie last night but didn't have time to finish, so I added it to my playlist to finish watching today, so I clicked on my playlist to continue watching the movie which was on a mainstream channel and it wants me to pay, how is this possible when it was free to watch.

@Buzza this is probably due to the rights that the TV channel holds for that film they probabley have the rights to broadcast the film but not to stream it hence the reason when trying to play from your playlist it is defaulting to a pay per view app 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

@Buzza wrote:

@Buzza this is probably due to the rights that the TV channel holds for that film they probabley have the rights to broadcast the film but not to stream it hence the reason when trying to play from your playlist it is defaulting to a pay per view app 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Firstly - the TV channel it was on may not have the film on their in-demand platform.

Also it's possible the film is available on multiple streaming apps, but when you open the film page it will default to Sky Cinema, if the film is available on that platform.

When you open the film on your playlist scroll down to available now, if the film is available on multiple apps you will see additional boxes appear saying Watch Now on X, for each of the services the film is available on.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

The JustWatch app will tell you where it is available to watch and cost😉

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion