Discussion topic: Sky Glass ging on Low Latency mode

This message was authored by marcgracey This message was authored by: marcgracey

Sky Glass ging on Low Latency mode

I've had Sky Glass 65 inch for about 3 months now. I have my Xbox Series X connected. When gaming I have started to notice games jumping and the only way to fix it is to restart the Sky Glass TV, after restart it's perfect.

"Auto Game Mode" is turned on however I feel like it is not working as expected. There was no issues when gaming when I first got the Sky Glass installed and then after a month or so this issue appeared.

I replaced the HDMI cable and also tried all HDMI ports on the glass but still issue persists.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I have sky fibre 500mb with both the Sky Glass and the Xbox connected via Ethernet.

All Replies

This message was authored by BRW1983 This message was authored by: BRW1983

Re: Sky Glass ging on Low Latency mode

1. Overview of the Problem

You are experiencing issues with your Sky Glass 65 inch TV when connected to your Xbox Series X, specifically that games are “jumping” or stuttering during gameplay. This issue began after about a month of use and can be temporarily resolved by restarting the TV. You have already taken steps to troubleshoot the problem, including replacing the HDMI cable and testing all available HDMI ports.

2. Understanding Auto Game Mode

The Auto Game Mode feature is designed to optimize settings for gaming, reducing input lag and enhancing performance. However, if this mode is not functioning correctly, it could lead to issues such as screen tearing or stuttering during gameplay. It’s important to ensure that both the TV and console are configured properly for this feature.

3. Potential Causes of the Issue

Several factors could contribute to the gaming performance issues you are experiencing:

Firmware Updates:

Both the Sky Glass TV and Xbox Series X receive periodic firmware updates that can affect performance. Ensure both devices are updated to their latest firmware versions.

HDMI Compatibility:

While you have replaced the HDMI cable and tested different ports, it’s essential to confirm that the cable supports HDMI 2.1 specifications, which is necessary for optimal performance with next-gen consoles like the Xbox Series X.

Network Issues:

Although you mentioned having a stable fiber connection, network-related problems can sometimes cause lag in online gaming scenarios. Check for any background applications on your Xbox that may be using bandwidth.

Overheating:

If either device is overheating, it may lead to throttling of performance. Ensure proper ventilation around both devices.

4. Troubleshooting Steps

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps you can take:

Check Settings on Xbox:

Go into your Xbox settings and ensure that video output settings match those recommended for your TV (e.g., resolution and refresh rate).

Disable/Enable Auto Game Mode:

Sometimes toggling this setting off and back on again can reset its functionality.

Factory Reset (Last Resort):

If none of these solutions work, consider performing a factory reset on your Sky Glass TV as a last resort after backing up any necessary data.

5. Community Feedback

It’s worth checking forums or community boards related to Sky Glass or Xbox Series X users to see if others have reported similar issues recently. This could provide insights into whether it’s a widespread problem or something specific to your setup.

This message was authored by Nawwti This message was authored by: Nawwti

This happens to me too. Xbox series X & 2 x Xbox series S, tested all 3. This is an issue with glass or the ALLM, unplugging the TV fixes it for a while, not tested too much h yet as just discovered this post, but I found exiting the game to the Xbox homepage, starting to download a new game, then going back to the game I was playing (left open, didn't close it) started the 5 sec lag spike again. 

marcgracey
Topic Author
This message was authored by marcgracey This message was authored by: marcgracey

Re: Sky Glass gaming on Low Latency mode

@Nawwti I'm glad it's not just me. Agree it's something to do with ALLM since it works fine after a reboot. Only issue is, it did work fine for the first month or so...

@BRW1983 Thank you for all your analysis. Appreciate it however I actually already tried a factory reset of the Glass but issue remains. All settings on the Xbox are as before I got the sky glass.

Toggling the ALLM off does remove the stuttering but gaming with no game mode is not good. Toggling the setting back on just brings the problem back so I'm stuck

Does anyone else have the same issue and can shed some light please.

I've had glass for 3 years next month & 2 things i can confirm. This only stated happening recently, I didn't even know ALLM was patched in in July & it took me forever to work out how to turn it off. Secondly, playing with it off is absolutely unbearable, the desync makes playing first person shooters unplayable, it's worse than stadia ever was lol.

Sad thing is, remove the 5 sec lag issue & it's perfect. I usually play for long periods & I'm hoping at least it'll only take 1 unplug per session to be jump free. 

I've tested absolutely everything btw, on 3 Xboxes, Xbox settings, new hdmis, different ports, literally everything & it's 100% an issue with glass & ALLM mode.

It's absolutely horrific how, turning TV on & off all day so I can play Xbox. It's fine once the games up & running but press any button on the sky remote & it starts pinging again every 5 secs

You can play for 5-6 hours with no issues as long as you don't change games or turn over to the TV, once you do that gotta restart everything again. Can't keep doing this. It's beyond infuriating & there's no one to ask for advice. 

marcgracey
Topic Author

@Nawwti I have the exact same experience. Could it be a faulty TV? Have you spoke to sky at all about it? Contemplating ringing them up and asking for a replacement or some kind of tech support...

Tweeted them just now at sky help, I asked for a DM so I can explain, said I'd posted here & got no help. I'll let you know if I hear back.

Ringing generally doesn't help because you get a call centre rep who only knows the basics, so anything out of the ordinary is a struggle. Feel free to have a go though lol.

I think it's an issue with the update, not the TV, it's totally destroyed non allm mode as an option & works perfectly outside of this 5 sec spike issue. Our TV is 3 years old & so far no issues, just this.

That's what I asked btw, the opportunity to pass the issue to tech via sky help. Sky help won't know, & it's something normal gamers might not spot especially if they're not playing FPS games. What's weird if I never noticed it before, only noticed because I upgraded to series X & thought the console was dodgy so it may have just started happening for me the last few weeks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion