Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Mark+sec1 This message was authored by: Mark+sec1

Re: Sky glass not working

My sky glass has not been working for 3 days now. I have tried calling so many times to be left waiting for hours. I've messaged them to complain and got an email with a  case reference number which I am not allowed to put in this message. In the email they say they tried calling me which they categorically have not. I've done the reset 3 times now as suggested in the community forum and on the text message sent directly from sky. The first time there was just a blank screen, the second time it said software update error and the third time it says to link my account at sky.com/activate where it asks me for my postcode only to be told my postcode isn't recognised. I'm currently on hold again trying to speak to someone. This is not the customer service I have come to expect from sky. cant get past the postcode to verify.

This message was authored by LM1989 This message was authored by: LM1989

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

As a new Sky customer, I'm learning just how poor the Sky customer experience is. What kind of compensation is being offered to customers for this disruption to service?

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JohnS6 wrote:
First thing Monday morning I am cancelling my direct debit for sky glass and putting the TV in the skip.

Not advisable ..... this could lead to credit issues further down the line 

have you tried the recovery process in post 2 of this thread ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@JohnS6 

Very unwise. Cancelling your payment method will increase your problems. Sky services (when this us fixed) will be restricted, late payment fees will be added, you won't be able to speak to Sky, you won't be able to cancel and continued non payment will result in Sky passing the debt to a Debt Recovery company which will ultimately affect your credit score. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Sy70 This message was authored by: Sy70

Mine is doing this too! So frustrating 😫

Re: Sky glass

@Susie22 wrote:

My tv is on standby flashing red and I've tried everything and it's been off nearly 24 hours and my streaming box in bedroom is not turning on either 

Hi

are you able to follow the step by step recovery process on page 2 of this rather large thread 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Linking to sky account

I rang sky today to be told there isn't anything you can do to get your sky stream linked to your account as its still ongoing this technical fault I did a full reset yesterday and the number on screen flashed up to enter but I can't do anything to get rid of the number on screen as the website link isn't working properly I've done the full reset with the flashing colours now I'm.stuck with no TV to watch 

@Sy70 wrote:

Mine is doing this too! So frustrating 😫

Hi

are you able to follow the step by step recovery process on page 2 of this rather large thread 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@JohnS6 wrote:
First thing Monday morning I am cancelling my direct debit for sky glass and putting the TV in the skip.

That is extremly unwise as all that will happen is you will be chased by debt collectors etc. It is an unsatisfactory position but dont be an idiot and shoot yourself in the foot and make it worse. .

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by lisa247 This message was authored by: lisa247

stremaing on sky glass not working for 2 days

I cannot get an answer from sky have held on the monbile for 2 hours each day

i amso frustrated

they give you a number to link the account but nowhere or instruction how to do this so they say call

and there you go.

I am so stressed

This message was authored by Mark+sec1 This message was authored by: Mark+sec1

ive tried evverything. just stuck on the postcode verifacation.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@LM1989 wrote:

As a new Sky customer, I'm learning just how poor the Sky customer experience is. What kind of compensation is being offered to customers for this disruption to service?

@LM1989 Sky have not madecany annoucement as yet.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Mark+sec1 wrote:

ive tried evverything. just stuck on the postcode verifacation.

This sometimes can mean you are not logged into the correct sky account . Do you have more than one ?

This message was authored by Dutch11 This message was authored by: Dutch11

Re: Sky stream not working

Already done the recovery multiple times and it's still not working. Sky are just pasting the same answers to everyone and won't give anyone any more info.

This message was authored by Firthdog1 This message was authored by: Firthdog1

Sky puck up and  working again, after complete restart, this time we had all the flashing lights 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion