Discussion topic: Request changes to sky glass

This message was authored by Kenwood+king This message was authored by: Kenwood+king

Request changes to sky glass

I had considered going back to sky q as sky glass was unreliable in my house. The boffins seem to have resolved stability issues so I'm staying.  However I would like to see a couple of changes to the remote. 

1 a back button.  I like to flick between channels especially during ad breaks so being able to flick back to my previous channel is desirable. 

2. +1 channels. Its heavily focused on a streaming service but if you want to watch programs that are on at the same time you have to go through the process of searching for the right episode to stream after you've watched the first program which can be a pain. Just give us the option of plus 1 please 

All Replies

This message was authored by Suskha This message was authored by: Suskha

Re: Request changes to sky glass

You need to tell Sky not us

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kenwood+king 

Short of v2 remote manufacture it's tricky to 'add' a button.

Not having +1 channels was presumably a fundamental decision taken at the system design concept stage and so is very unlikely to change.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

+1 channels will never happen. It's not for technological reasons but around rights issues. Won't happen, ever 

This message was authored by Joe-Bow This message was authored by: Joe-Bow

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Kenwood+king 

Short of v2 remote manufacture it's tricky to 'add' a button.

Not having +1 channels was presumably a fundamental decision taken at the system design concept stage and so is very unlikely to change.

@TimmyBGood  Unless they enable Freeview while Wi-Fi is connected and integrate the Freeview guide into the TV guide or as a separate tab/rail, which IMHO, would be a very welcome step.  

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

No need for plus 1 channels as you can watch from start on nearly all channels 

a slightly different concept I know but almost the same effect 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Joe-Bow wrote:

Unless they enable Freeview while Wi-Fi is connected and integrate the Freeview guide into the TV guide or as a separate tab/rail

I suspect having two regulated EPGs active on one platform might present interesting issues ; )

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Joe-Bow wrote:

Unless they enable Freeview while Wi-Fi is connected and integrate the Freeview guide into the TV guide or as a separate tab/rail

I suspect having two regulated EPGs active on one platform might present interesting issues ; )

@TimmyBGood Just a way to flick between them without inconvenience to the user would be nice if integration is the issue.  It's frustrating knowing the ability in the Glass TV is there, but to do it you need to kill the network connection.

Was great when they accidentally unlocked it in the firmware, albeit for just a short but sweet period, especially with the trials and tribulations we see with Watch from Start.

@Joe-Bow wrote:

@TimmyBGood Just a way to flick between them without inconvenience to the user would be nice if integration is the issue.  It's frustrating knowing the ability in the Glass TV is there, but to do it you need to kill the network connection.

Certainly, but my guess is Sky does not want to be held responsible for hosting a Freeview EPG in a regulatory sense.  Having Freeview only available when Sky service on Glass is by definition 'dead' due to having no internet access looks to be the (crude) workaround.

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Joe-Bow wrote:

Certainly, but presumably Sky absolutely does not want to be held responsible for hosting a Freeview EPG in a regulatory sense.  Having Freeview only available when Sky service on Glass is by definition 'dead' due to having no internet access looks to be the (crude) workaround.

Although regulation where the consumer loses out and cuts choice is always poor regulation that needs reform.  

Broadcasting/TV seems to have a lot of these areas, maybe due to changes that are unlocked by fast moving technology areas

@Joe-Bow wrote:

Broadcasting/TV seems to have a lot of these areas, maybe due to changes that are unlocked by fast moving technology areas

Woefully so, yes: the last relevant major bit of legislation is twenty years old this summer. 

For context: https://www.computerhope.com/history/2003.htm 

(oh, also this one from only a bit over a decade ago ; )

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Do the family of Channel 4 Channels work from the start as mine do not 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion