Discussion topic: No Longer!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Re: No Longer!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous 

I totally agree F1 4K HDR Live is amazing to view on my OLED I completely agree there. 

Topic Author
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Anonymous not going to get into an argument, but don't tell people not to go looking for sky stream faults and then criticise as £3.99 app. 

Topic Author

@Anonymous  The vast majority of sky customers are happy with Glass and Stream. This forum has a few hundred posts. Sky have millions of customers 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  The vast majority of sky customers are happy with Glass and Stream. This forum has a few hundred posts. Sky have millions of customers 

@Anonymous Like you I am happy with Sky Glass but that doesn't mean there are no problems with it.  Going back 6-8 months it was riddled with issues but Sky are slowly resolving them. This forum is basically here for users to get help with issues they may have and IMHO it works very well 😀

Don't forget Sky Q had loads of faults when it was first introduced and to be honest wasn't perfect even last July when I subscribed to Glass.

Glass / Stream is improving all the time and IPTV is without doubt the future of watching TV. 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Cornishrattler This message was authored by: Cornishrattler

I too am an ATV convert thanks to the little black rats nest (removed) that stream is. it's years away from being worthy of an actual charge being made for it. 23 years with Sky and don't miss it one bit

Moderator comments: removed inappropriate language 

Topic Author

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that people have uk be careful that they don't go looking for faults within sky stream. Just use and enjoy 

I've tried to use and enjoy since last September. I soooo wanted it to be use and enjoy but 🤨

TV Launcher needs some work to look prettier but works fine has all the program info you need and press on a program from the TV guide it opens the corresponding app and plays in 5 seconds tops, quite impressed for £3.99. I emailed the developer he has lots of features for upcoming releases so 🤞

I was concerned picture quality against stream and yes stream is sharper but for Netflix, Disney etc. 🍎 outstrips it.

Oh and CW 😊 and no aaarrgghhh AD skipping

Anyway bowing out, keep up the work Sky, get your pricing in line with a DIY (again saving £21 a month for same as Stream apps access and operating two Apple TV boxes). Hopefully in a year or so Stream will be stable and user friendly 😉

Topic Author

@Anonymous youre not really comparing apples 🍎 with apples 🍎 when you say that you are saving £21 a month. The now tv entertainment package isn't compatible to sky stream, there is also no UHD on sky channels via Now TV.  There are also customers on discount for stream. I am only paying £11.50 a month for the base package on steam for 9 months. I have the tv launcher on Apple TV, it's rubbish ! Not compatible to stream 

Topic Author

Enjoy 😊

Talking like for like how will a £3.99 one off app payment be the same as Stream at basic £25 per month system that's not Apples and Apples, right 🤔

I never said it saves you £21 but it saves me £250 a year.

Anyway it doesn't matter we all have preferences and different opinions.

This message was authored by JonP83 This message was authored by: JonP83

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous youre not really comparing apples 🍎 with apples 🍎 when you say that you are saving £21 a month. The now tv entertainment package isn't compatible to sky stream, there is also no UHD on sky channels via Now TV.  There are also customers on discount for stream. I am only paying £11.50 a month for the base package on steam for 9 months. I have the tv launcher on Apple TV, it's rubbish ! Not compatible to stream 

I find TV launcher pretty decent for what it is, especially for the low one-off fee. 

I think Sky really needs to consider that it is a premium provider in the TV market and people have expectations on what a premium provider should be providing.  Stream has potential, but right now it feels like a budget product that people are paying a premium for.

If UHD is important to you (and I get that for some it will be) then Stream is potentially the product for you (especially if you want multi-room), but if not, then with Apple TV and iPlayer, ITVX, All4, etc, you can replicate most of what Stream does and that will leave people questioning what they are paying for, especially with the number of bugs Stream has.  It's great that you have said that people shouldn't go looking for them, but they are obvious, when you try and use the product and it doesn't behave as expected - you don't have to go hunting.

Topic Author

@Anonymous @JonP83 well said and at £3.99 who's arguing.  Oh and the developer is open to suggestions, he has already worked on a couple of issues I pointed out and you also get a what's new when updates are made.

Topic Author

I would personally rather just use a high end OLED tv, with the built in apps rather than some heath Robinson tv launcher app

This message was authored by JonP83 This message was authored by: JonP83

@Anonymous wrote:

I would personally rather just use a high end OLED tv, with the built in apps rather than some heath Robinson tv launcher app

Then go for it, no-one is forcing you to use it.

Topic Author

@Anonymous oh dear...

Topic Author

@Anonymous  No longer have sky but still hanging around on the CUSTOMER community boards. 😂 

Topic Author

@Anonymous how do you know I'm not a Sky CUSTOMER.  Until I get my refund, I'm still a customer. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion