Discussion topic: Meta Quesr 2

This message was authored by Blacksmith12 This message was authored by: Blacksmith12

Meta Quesr 2

Evening think the answer is no but can you cast the oculus onto the Sky Glass? Can't seem to do it at all! 

Best Answers
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: Meta Quesr 2

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Blacksmith12 

Glass has no functionality to cast to it (i.e. doesn't support Miracast or Airplay). You would need to use an additional device via HDMI to achieve this.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Hi @Blacksmith12 

Glass has no functionality to cast to it (i.e. doesn't support Miracast or Airplay). You would need to use an additional device via HDMI to achieve this.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Blacksmith12
Topic Author
This message was authored by Blacksmith12 This message was authored by: Blacksmith12

Just like a lightening HDMI cable? 

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @Blacksmith12 

I don't know much about the quest 2. But if you can can cast from it to a device that supports casting, you could use something like a Chromecast or research if you can out put via what ever interface to HDMI via a cable.

MikeAlanR

---
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Blacksmith12 as already advised by @mikealanr casting / screen mirroring / Airplay is not possible to the actual Glass TV which I always thought was short sighted of Sky.  I now have a stream puck but when I did have the Glass I had an Apple TV connected to it and I was able to mirror/airplay through the Apple TV.  You can also cast to a Firestick or Roku TV.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion