Discussion topic: Itv X error message

This message was authored by Ttoille+nosaj This message was authored by: Ttoille+nosaj

Itv X error message

Itv X not working on one of the pucks. Fine on the sky glass and the other puck though! I've cleared the cache and restarted the app but make no difference. Just get a message saying Something went wrtat their end and to retry. Anyone got any clues?

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Itv X error message

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ttoille+nosaj Try rebooting the puck that is giving you the problem.  Switch it off at the plug socket and wait for 30 seconds before turning it on again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Ttoille+nosaj
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ttoille+nosaj This message was authored by: Ttoille+nosaj

Thank you, I tried a reset.  It started working then when I tried anoyprogram it went back to not working with the same message.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Ttoille+nosaj sorry to hear that didn't work.  I think there may be a more serious problem as I see someone else (@jaynebridger) has reported getting the error message on ITVX.  It may be specific to the puck as I have Glass and was watching something on ITVX about an hour ago with no problems.

Ttoille+nosaj
Topic Author

Hi @Fothergill1 , so after trying your suggestion I tried an app reset on sky which didn't work either.  As it was working on the other puck and the glass TV which are turned off at night I figured I may as well see if turning the puck off at the mains overnight made any difference.  Just tried itv X after doing that and it works! @jaynebridger I don't know if its worth you trying this?

That's good news @Ttoille+nosaj I'm glad your problem is resolved. A system reboot is always a good starting point if you have any problems 😀

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

There is also the option to reset the itv x app. 

open the app - enter 0 0 0 0 7 7 7

This should help troubleshoot issues with just the app. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

Nice one @Jayboy1990 I wasn't aware of the reset for ITVX.  I have bookmarked your post for the future and will give it a go later this evening 😀

This message was authored by Twigletto This message was authored by: Twigletto

Re: Itv Xi error message.

Hi, I turn it off and go watch something else till the next day, then it magically works. None of the other fixes work( puck). 

The puck still has its issues!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion