Discussion topic: Is this a profile bug all ready

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

Is this a profile bug all ready

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

So I set up a few profiles yesterday and added a few shows all added to correct profiles with the coloured symobol to show they have been added.This morning however when going to selected profiles yes the shows I added yesterday are all there in most recent  but I'm getting the add series button and all the little icons have gone as if I never added them,leaving me wondering will this affect anything I've added when new episodes are available???? 
Has anyone else spotted this??

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”

All Replies

This message was authored by Horizon911 This message was authored by: Horizon911

Re: Is this a profile bug all ready

Yes, except I've had this bug since I got stream at the end of last year, so its not directly related to the new update, at least in my case. And yes things do disappear, but not sure why.

Prior to this update and only having the one playlist would've been fine, except there is a display limit of 250 items. So, you can only have 250 tv shows in the playlist, 250 films etc.. I wish I knew this before I added over 400 shows to my playlist and found eveything running starting with S onwards had disappeard, or so I thought...

With the new personalised playlists, I've now found out that many of this missing shows which disappeard from the playlist are still there, they just wern't displaying because of the 250 limit of the playlist.

So as an example of this bug,  I added Stargate SG1 to the playlist last year, but only after I added a load more shows, did I find every show beginning with a S onwards had disappeared from the playlist, or so I thought until now.  I went to the Stargate SG page, there was no symbol to say it was added to the playlist and I assumed it wasn't there, so added it again and it appeared at least until I added another show to the playlist going over the 250 display limit knocking Stargate SG off the list again. Hope this makes sense!

With these new playlists, I've began moving shows out of the central playlist and into the other playlists and what do you know, Stargate was in the main playlist all this time, along with many of the other shows, but how could I have known this with this bug?

And another thing I haven't sussed yet is whether the main playlist behaves differently to the personalised ones. If it doesn't, that means, in effect, we have 6 different playlists we can customise and although they have the 250 item limit still, that means you can add 250 films, tv shows etc to each playlist. So, a massive improvement!

This message was authored by Horizon911 This message was authored by: Horizon911

Sorry, some parts of my post were a "little" muddled, but I can't seem to edit it to clean it up.

But, I think you get the picture.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Horizon911 

Editing posts comes when you reach a certain level ........

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Good shout by the way - that's some going having 400 ish shows on your playlist !

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Thanks for that.

It's so the old way of doing forums, but hey ho.

Nah, that's nothing!😀 On my own plex media server, add more zeros to that.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion