Discussion topic: Channels not found when switchng

This message was authored by Jenann1 This message was authored by: Jenann1

Channels not found when switchng

My Sky Glass has recently developed a problem. When I switch on it's fine initially and then select a channel to watch or something from playlist. When I decide to switch channels I get a black screen with a message " trying to load your channel". After about a minute the tv switches off altogether, not even going into standby. I've tried waiting anything from 30 seconds to 5 mins with no result. So select the button to switch on again and try and select the channel I wanted to watch and I get the message "there is a technical fault with this channel". It takes 5 mins or so trying to change channels before I get anything. It eventually sorts itself but wil do the same again if I try and switch to another channel. This is happening every day. Tried powering on and off from the socket and it makes no difference. Tried a full re-set in the settings and again no joy. 
anyone else had this problem?

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Channels not found when switchng

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Jenann1 

How is the Glass connected to your internet? What internet speed are you getting? It could be poor WiFi or low connection speed causing issues. If possible try using an ethernet cable or homeplugs and turn WiFi off in the settings menu.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by roger1949 This message was authored by: roger1949

Don't be told it's your broadband speed by anyone at sky,tech is rubbish,broadband speeds don't turn your TV off

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@roger1949 

A streaming TV that uses internet very much is dependent on quality broadband and stable signal. That's why there is minimum speed requirements.

I am fortunate to have 1.6Gbps broadband and have zero issues running 4 pucks and a Glass TV. Try doing that on 20 Mbps broadband.

Also I don't work for Sky as my NOT a Sky employee clearly states. Please keep your replies factual.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion