Discussion topic: Can you simply delete from continue watching ?

This message was authored by Tafster This message was authored by: Tafster

Can you simply delete from continue watching ?

Had a search on how to delete things from continue watching and the only answer i have come across is you have to go to the last episode and ff through, is that correct, is that really the only way ?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams Answer

Re: Can you simply delete from continue watching ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Tafster 

Unfortunately yes.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams Answer

Hi @Tafster 

Unfortunately yes.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Tafster wrote:

Had a search on how to delete things from continue watching and the only answer i have come across is you have to go to the last episode and ff through, is that correct, is that really the only way ?

We have been raising this issue for months!

Will there be an update in future releases to undertake the most simple of tasks we have not been informed.

We are still waiting on the bug fix too outstanding since way before Christmas.

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Oddly yes and sometimes you need do twice to get it to disappear had do twice a handful of times. Really annoying issue. 

Tafster
Topic Author
This message was authored by Tafster This message was authored by: Tafster

Probably been said before, but why can't they have a delete option as well as the continue & watch from the start ?

Perhaps the developers dont actually watch that much TV and therefore are not akin to the everyday user experience ?

This message was authored by Rich007jp This message was authored by: Rich007jp

Hope they fix this as well, as annoying that you cannot delete continue watching if you no longer watch 

This message was authored by Wobdot This message was authored by: Wobdot

Problem I have even when you remove it from the playlist it comes back

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Depending on the App you are using there are so many different ways to remove programmes from the Continue Watching rail.  I made myself a list to help me remember in the future (I still refer to it frequently).

In the hope that it might help others I have recreated the list below:

Do on Glass TV:

Apple TV - select from Up Next list with a LONG press / remove

Netflix - Select from CW / remove from CW on next page

Sky, Discovery, ITVX & Disney - run programme to credits and allow to run to the end.  If a series do the same with the final episode of the series.  (It may take a while to disappear)

Do on laptop:

BBC iPlayer  - CW / Manage full list (on right of screen) / remove

All 4 - My4 / CW - go to My4 > / edit / select then remove

Prime Video & Paramount  - CW / edit (right of screen) / delete

I hope this helps. If you know any better ways to remove programmes please let me know

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

@Fothergill1  A better way would be for sky to give us a delete from continue watching button lol 

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Deedee36 wrote:

@Fothergill1  A better way would be for sky to give us a delete from continue watching button lol 

@Deedee36 I couldn't agree more.  The problems relating to deleting from the CW rail is currently  my biggest complaint with this system and has been since I got Glass last July.  Most of the other glitches I have resolved or have decided I can live with them.

Look how simple it is with 🍏TV.  Alternatively a small check box next to each item in the CW rail with a button at the end to delete those checked.

Also a more reliable marker on what you've all ready watched would be good the current blue progress bar seems to disappear after a few days

……
……
……
……

We think alike @Deedee36 that is my other complaint, I have expressed my displeasure at both issues on the forum a number of times..  I am lead to believe (by this forum) that some of these issues might be subject of the next update.  I certainly hope so.

Another big issue for me was my 3 pucks and glass tv not syncing the continue watching rail meaning I could notcontinue watching where I left off on any device it would go to the start of the show,although this past few days I have noticed this has kind of been working although sometimes it can take 10 minute or 30 minutes to kick in,I would expect it be almost instant if you switched one device off to continue exactly where you left of on another,I'm also hoping this will be working properly in the next big update 

……
……
……
……

@Deedee36 wrote:

Another big issue for me was my 3 pucks and glass tv not syncing the continue watching rail meaning I could notcontinue watching where I left off on any device it would go to the start of the show,although this past few days I have noticed this has kind of been working although sometimes it can take 10 minute or 30 minutes to kick in,I would expect it be almost instant if you switched one device off to continue exactly where you left of on another,I'm also hoping this will be working properly in the next big update 

@Deedee36 I only have Glass TV  and no pucks so I have not had the pleasure of this issue 🤣

This message was authored by Brushead This message was authored by: Brushead

In answer to the answer this method doesn't always work it's infuriating !!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion