Discussion topic: Broken TV on delivery

This message was authored by benbooth493 This message was authored by: benbooth493

Broken TV on delivery

I have taken delivery of my Glass TV but it has a broken screen

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Broken TV on delivery

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@benbooth493  You need to call Sky.  Didn;t the delivery team unpack it for you?  If they did so it would or should have been spoted at the time.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-sky-glass

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

benbooth493
Topic Author
This message was authored by benbooth493 This message was authored by: benbooth493

I was busy so they just left it with me.
I've called Sky and uploaded some photos, but I'm concerned they will simply not believe me.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@benbooth493  You'll need to wait for their response then, there isn't much we can do to help.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

benbooth493
Topic Author

Ok, so after a a couple of conversions over the last week, Sky have come back and said that I am liable for paying a replacement fee of £600+!

Apparently because I gave the delivery team the "delivery code" it means I must have broken it!
My argument was that if the code is there to ensure the product is working as expected then they should have insisted on unboxing, but that's not what happened.

I've raised a complaint with Sky, but I'm not confident that this will get resolved in my favour as I've seen other people with the same problem on the forum saying similar things.

Even if I was to cancel my contract, being inside the cooling off period, that I will still be liable for a broken device.

Where would I stand legally on not paying for damages that I am not responsible for?

Any advice?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@benbooth493 wrote:

Ok, so after a a couple of conversions over the last week, Sky have come back and said that I am liable for paying a replacement fee of £600+!

Apparently because I gave the delivery team the "delivery code" it means I must have broken it!
My argument was that if the code is there to ensure the product is working as expected then they should have insisted on unboxing, but that's not what happened.

I've raised a complaint with Sky, but I'm not confident that this will get resolved in my favour as I've seen other people with the same problem on the forum saying similar things.

Even if I was to cancel my contract, being inside the cooling off period, that I will still be liable for a broken device.

Where would I stand legally on not paying for damages that I am not responsible for?

Any advice?

Best to speak to a lawyer for the legalities. I suspect you would have to state your case as to why you're not responsible.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@benbooth493 As suggested by @Mark39 maybe you could speak to a lawyer but a less expensive course of action would be to lodge a formal complaint with Sky and then go to a lawyer if the issue is not resolved.

See the following links:

How to make a complaint

Complaint Form  (It will direct you to your MySky account, just sign in and it takes you to the form)

Code of Practice

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion