Discussion topic: An issue with ITVX

This message was authored by Nicola731 This message was authored by: Nicola731

An issue with ITVX

I keep getting this message Sorry, it looks like there's an issue with ITVX at our end. Please try again later. Every time I try and watch a programme.

Nicola

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: An issue with ITVX

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nicola731 

Try refreshing the ITVX App as follows: 

Open the app & enter 0 0 0 0 7 7 7 This clears the cache and should help resolve any issues specific to the ITVX app. After entering the code the App should respond by saying “The storage has been cleared”.

If that doesn't work try rebooting your Glass or Stream puck.  Just switch if off at the plug socket and wait for a minute before switching it on again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.

Hopefully one or other of these steps will resolve the issue for you.

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

@Nicola731 

Try refreshing the ITVX App as follows: 

Open the app & enter 0 0 0 0 7 7 7 This clears the cache and should help resolve any issues specific to the ITVX app. After entering the code the App should respond by saying “The storage has been cleared”.

If that doesn't work try rebooting your Glass or Stream puck.  Just switch if off at the plug socket and wait for a minute before switching it on again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.

Hopefully one or other of these steps will resolve the issue for you.

Good luck 🤞

This message was authored by r0cketscience This message was authored by: r0cketscience

Does that cache clearing trick work with any other apps or is that unique to ITVX?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@r0cketscience No it is specifically for the ITVX app.

You can refresh all the Apps by going into Settings > System Management > Resets & Updates > Refresh Apps. It is not instant but is done in the background so you can still use Glass or Stream. 

This message was authored by phrobr This message was authored by: phrobr

I have this problem on my SKY Q box.  I have contacted ITVX and they initially gave me the instructions as above.  However, this happens about once a week so there is obviously an issue with the app for Sky (no problems with the app on my iPad).  They have now put up a 'splash' screen telling me to unplug my box and restart.   This may work but it is not a solution if it keeps happening. I have been in contact with ITVX again asking whether they intend to fix this - no response!!

Has anybody else got anywhere with them or should we just keep contacting ITVX until they do something about it?

Thanks for all the replies.  I know that I can clear the cache but was just wondering if others have this recurring issue.  If not then maybe I have an issue with my Sky box?😬  However, no other apps seem to have this problem.

This message was authored by bydandie This message was authored by: bydandie

@phrobr wrote:

I have this problem on my SKY Q box.  I have contacted ITVX and they initially gave me the instructions as above.  However, this happens about once a week so there is obviously an issue with the app for Sky (no problems with the app on my iPad).  They have now put up a 'splash' screen telling me to unplug my box and restart.   This may work but it is not a solution if it keeps happening. I have been in contact with ITVX again asking whether they intend to fix this - no response!!

Has anybody else got anywhere with them or should we just keep contacting ITVX until they do something about it?

Raise a complaint with Sky, there are various serious issues with ITVx content and playlists.  The only way to formally log the issue is to raise a complaint.

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360
This message was authored by 09bethany This message was authored by: 09bethany

I had a problem with itvx something went wrong at our end some programmes wasn't working, I have resolved it by going into settings and go to about and reset your postcode that worked for me hope this helps for other people

Thank you to all who replied.  The situation appears to have been resolved as I no longer have this issue.  As I have not made any additional changes I can only assume that Sky/ITVX have sorted it.

This message was authored by bobat This message was authored by: bobat

I had the same issue. When I tried updating my postcode, I hit the save button, but it didn't reflect the change on my account. So, if you refreshed the page, it showed up as blank.

The workaround I found was entering a different postcode, saving it, and then re-entering the correct one. That seemed to do the trick, and I was back to enjoying my shows.

This message was authored by PaulMarkC This message was authored by: PaulMarkC

ITVX works ok by selecting ITVX app on sky stream, however when searching for a program using sky stream search which is on ITVX error message comes up asking to use qr code, doesn't give you time to take pic of qr code, then message comes up saying looks like you're out of the U.K., so obviously an issue with sky and not ITVX, hopefully sky will correct this issue soon as only started happening today 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion