Discussion topic: There's no way to quit the Sky News app for Android TV? Come on.

This message was authored by GoldmanOSI This message was authored by: GoldmanOSI

There's no way to quit the Sky News app for Android TV? Come on.

I have the SkyNews app on a Shield Pro, and found it running inexplicably today. There's no way to quit it. It doesn't honor the Exit button, and there is no menu in the application UI.

Who thought this was OK?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: There's no way to quit the Sky News app for Android TV? Come on.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Is the app confirmed compatible with your TV?

GoldmanOSI
Topic Author
This message was authored by GoldmanOSI This message was authored by: GoldmanOSI

Thanks for the reply. It's not running on a TV. Also... it's in the Play store, installed from the device (a Shield Pro, as noted).

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All you can do is to report this to the apps team va this email address - apps@sky.uk

Seeing as you are the only persona t present to report this issue it might not be a high priority fix for them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
GoldmanOSI
Topic Author

Yeah, that's a popular fallback for those who want to say "a rare side-effect" or "a few users." But the fact is that a vanishingly small number of people will take the time to trrack down how to report a bug, and do so.

I'm reporting it. There was nothing special about my setup. The app is defective.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion