Discussion topic: My Sky App logs me in, but with a different account number

This message was authored by BeeHappyinLife This message was authored by: BeeHappyinLife

My Sky App logs me in, but with a different account number

When I log in to My Sky, if recognises my email/profile and logs me in.  However, when I look at my bills, it shows that I haven't paid a bill in years!!!  When I looked at 'services' in My Sky, it says that I currently didn't have a subscription.  When I log into Sky Go, it says "to enjoy this service, please upgrade your subscription".

I have Sky Q, I have a subscription, and (believe me!) I am paying a monthly bill.

And then I noticed something peculiar.  The account number that is linked to my profile (My Sky, Sky Go etc) is different to my actual account number.  It occurs to me that it may be an old account number from years back.  But how can I fix this problem??  I need my current account number added, and that other account number removed.  As things stand, I can't use My Sky, Sky Go etc, as it harps back to an account which is not my current account.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: My Sky App logs me in, but with a different account number

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This happens when you are logging into an old account that will have been closed if you left Sky in the past so for both the MySky and Sky Go app you need to logout of them and then set up a new Sky ID to use, before you do that if you want to use the same email address you need to first remove it from the old account first so log into the old account here:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Then delete the email address by providing another one and logout of this account, this will then free it up to use when setting up your new Sky ID:

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-id/sky-id

Once you have set this new ID up then you can use it to login to both the MySky and Sky Go apps.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion