Discussion topic: Issues cancelling Apple tv+ via android device

This message was authored by Gardendelight01 This message was authored by: Gardendelight01

Issues cancelling Apple tv+ via android device

Sorry! Newb here🙄😁. I have Diamond status from Sky VIP so took the Apple TV+ subscription free of charge for 6 months. I have android devices so opened account in apple....couldnt ever connect to the apple app to sky q box even after reading suggestions here. After lots of reconnection attempts to get into settings on sky q I gave up and never used it! Now they are going to charge me the sub fee and have tried to log back into Apple to cancel my account, which it says I can do until the 28th, but I now have to have an IOS device 12 or over to access my account to cancel....I still run on android and cant log into my account

I have tried to contact Apple but I cant unless I can log into my account. I am very confused....and an untechie kind of person. Thinking of cancelling card. Can you offer advice?

Thank you all so much.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Issues cancelling Apple tv+ via android device

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried this:

For Sky Stream puck or Sky Q - Press Home on your Sky remote, then select My Sky at the bottom of the screen.
You’ll then see a screen with your purchases. Select Your products. You’ll then be asked to enter your Sky TV PIN number.

Then follow the prompts to cancel.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Gardendelight01
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gardendelight01 This message was authored by: Gardendelight01

Thank you for trying to help here👍🏻. There is nothing connecting Apple tv+ to my sky q account. I think when you subscribe it's with Apple even though offer is with Sky VIP. In the beginning I was able to connect and open account with Apple but 2nd time trying to log in, they continually asked to set up account via QR code. This is when I started reading here in forum that because I have Android all the problems were happening so I gave up because I couldnt log in again. I am unsure, because 1st payment is due in 3 days, but suspect payment request comes direct from Apple and not sky account. Although other apps come via sky q box; ie discovery +. The problem is I can not connect to Apple in any way to try to cancel the account I originally opened and because of that I think and feel Sky need to intervene and contact them on my behalf. But again unsure if this is even possible. There are just my thoughts but as a newbie to all this IDK what can be done.🤦🏼‍♀️ Again thank you so much for your kind assistance.

This message was authored by popacatapetal This message was authored by: popacatapetal

Have you tried this way:-

In a browser go to   tv.apple.com

Choose account icon on top of page or if no account icon present click Sign in with your apple id

Choose settings

Scroll to Subscriptions and choose Manage

Choose Cancel Subscription

Gardendelight01
Topic Author

Hi 👋

Yes I have tried this as well. As soon as I try the log in process Apple say I must go and change my Apple ID because it doesnt meet their log in requirements. Then because I have an Android device their system wont let me create a new login without using an IOS 12 or higher device.  So that doesnt work because I use Samgung Galaxy A8 phone & a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. 

Its difficult to know what to do at all. Thanks again for trying to help me though.  I really appreciate it.

👍🏻

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion