Discussion topic: email being blocked from mailing address

This message was authored by TonyC1982 This message was authored by: TonyC1982

email being blocked from mailing address

Hi

I think that yahoo might be blocking some emails from coming through.  We noticed that they were going to junk email, but after about a week of them going to junk they have stopped coming through all together.

They are from a mailng list, and i have checked with other people who have said that they have recived emails from this mailing list which i haven't had.  It seems to be a sky/yahoo block, as i know a couple of other people who have sky email address who have seen the same thing.

Is there a way to request to sky/yahoo to check and unblock the email account?  I've done the things in help like add them as a contact and add a filter, however that hasn't helped.

I'm marked the emails as not spam, however we still haven't got any emails that i know others have.

As far as we know, we haven't unsubscribed from this particular mailing list, and when we check it still says that we are subscribed.

I don't want to put the actual email address on here that is beening blocked at the moment, just want some advice on what else can be done.

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: email being blocked from mailing address

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All you can do is to keep checking the spam folder and moving them to your inbox as over time the system should learn that these are not spam emails. You can't contact Sky or Yahoo as they don't deal with personal requests like this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
TonyC1982
Topic Author
This message was authored by TonyC1982 This message was authored by: TonyC1982

Hi caesarome 

Thanks for your reply, however it has been close to a month now since i last got an email from this particular mailing list, and i know that a number of these emails are not even reaching my spam folder to move them across.

I have taken some old emails, moved them into the spam folder, then marked them as not spam in the hope that that would work (I do this at least twice a day), however nothing has come through in the last week since i have been doing this.

I find it a bit crazy that there is nothing that i can do - i'm genuinelly missing emails, yet there would appear that there is nothing that i can do to escalate it when the usual methods don't work, and i am missing information from these emails.

This message was authored by bs73 This message was authored by: bs73

Same problem here. I am aware member of a club and they are unable to send any emails to sky, yahoo or AOL accounts. I last got one on 3rd January. Not in junk and the sender is getting no bounce backs. I also get individual emails from the account and they aren't coming through either.

This message was authored by Grammyg This message was authored by: Grammyg

I have the same problem since 10 th February.  I believe my passwords have appeared in a data leak and wonder if someone could have changed my sign in details.   Sky and Yahoo have been unable to help me.  If anyone does find a way of retrieving their mail please let us know.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Grammyg wrote:

I have the same problem since 10 th February.  I believe my passwords have appeared in a data leak and wonder if someone could have changed my sign in details.

@Grammyg if you're still able to log in to Sky Yahoo Mail your sign in details haven't been changed. Can you clarify what problem you're having?

This message was authored by bs73 This message was authored by: bs73

Apparently it is an email settings issue at the senders end. Yahoo have tightened up on junk mail so I am not getting emails I want bit am still getting emails that I don't even though I have unsubscribed.

This message was authored by Grammyg This message was authored by: Grammyg

I haven't been able to sign in .  I have probably complicated things by changing my mobile phone number since finding out my phone was hacked , because when l try to change the password Yahoo keep sending verification codes to my old number.  Even though l have updated the phone details. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Grammyg 

What you need to do is to turn two step authentication off then set it up again with your new mobile number.

To turn off 2FA sign in with the recovery code so at the login select "can't sign in with the code" link. You'll then be asked for the recovery code.

When you signed up to 2FA you were given a recovery code so if you didn't make a note of it then check the email you were also sent.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion