Discussion topic: Yahoo Mail - Unable to generate app passwords

This message was authored by ArnieVXR This message was authored by: ArnieVXR

Yahoo Mail - Unable to generate app passwords

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a new third-party app password so that I can use Outlook to collect my emails from Yahoo. I've followed the link on the Yahoo help page which takes me to the Account Security screen. The screen is empty, so I can't do anything. I've tried on a Win10 PC and a Mac, so it's not my PC that's the problem.

Interestingly, I get a 404 page not found error on the change password screen - again on both of my computers. I get the impression that there's a problem with Yahoo.

I've tried to contact Yahoo, but all that's available is a service that cost £4.80 per month, which is utterly outrageous.

Any ideas how I can get going again?

Thanks

Arnie

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Yahoo Mail - Unable to generate app passwords

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This is the link you should be using:

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

The one on the Yahoo page is for Yahoo.com email addresses only.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

ArnieVXR
Topic Author
This message was authored by ArnieVXR This message was authored by: ArnieVXR

Always sad when you're first to reply to your own post. I found a like to the same functionality on Sky pages (so not Yahoo) and managed to successfully generate a 3rd party app password.

Crisis over...

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This is the link you should be using:

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

The one on the Yahoo page is for Yahoo.com email addresses only.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by mel1234567 This message was authored by: mel1234567

Thank you @caesarome . This has also been driving me mad for about 2 hours and I keep going round and round in circles to try and find the answer, or try to find a link to contact someone in customer services (wow, they really don't want you to contact them about anything, do they?) Should have come to the community pages sooner. The link worked perfectly. 

This message was authored by Lozzy+Perry This message was authored by: Lozzy+Perry

Massive thanks that has worked great. Really happy now 😀

This message was authored by lkjhgfd147 This message was authored by: lkjhgfd147

omg, you saved my life - well, kind of

This message was authored by pierpoint This message was authored by: pierpoint

Thank God somebody knows what they are talking about. Spent ages trying to find out how to do this simple task, then hey presto, voila. Brilliant, thanks very much appreciated.

This message was authored by Always+let+down This message was authored by: Always+let+down

Thank you so much - why can`t Sky and Yahoo be more helpful? ££££££££££££££££££££

This message was authored by Old++Bassa This message was authored by: Old++Bassa

Thank you very much for this link, worked without any problems.
Only been trying to sort the problem out for

two days  !!!!!

This message was authored by abussey1 This message was authored by: abussey1

This link sorted mine, thank you, after 30 odd attempts yesterday... even an hour with  Sky advisor couldnt sort... and this reply did.. first time and instantly.. thank you.

This message was authored by No.1+Westie This message was authored by: No.1+Westie

Thank you your link was so helpfull, i'll never get back the last 4 hours!! will always come here first from now on.

This message was authored by kcoweel This message was authored by: kcoweel

Brilliant, solved my issue, why cant all other help topics just say this!! many thanks!

This message was authored by Shunky62 This message was authored by: Shunky62

Thanks for the link! Worked perfectly! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion