Discussion topic: Unable to access sky email address through sky site

This message was authored by ls45 This message was authored by: ls45

LOCKED ACCOUNT

my sky email account has been locked and i do not know what to do!

Ive rang up multiple times today on the number which im told to rang underneath where it tells me my account is locked.

The people on the phone are no help at all and tell me that my sky account is not linked to my adress, and that i basically have no way of accessing my sky ID at all- which is apparently what they need to access in order to unlock the account.

Can someone please tell me what to do about this as i have no way of accessing my emails now.

Re: Unable to access sky email address through sky site

i'm having this same exact issue, the call handlers seem to not know anything 

Brid29
Topic Author
This message was authored by Brid29 This message was authored by: Brid29

Thank you. Sometimes I think I've gone mad. I raised a formal complaint I will post any outcomes if positive. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: LOCKED ACCOUNT

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ls45 

Can you access this link:

https://www.sky.com/mydetails/account-info

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@ls45 wrote:

i'm having this same exact issue, the call handlers seem to not know anything 

See the reply to your other post. 

hi i have tried this just now, just says account locked again

You are going to need to call Sky again although this time just tell them that your Sky account is locked, so do not mention your email account also is. Sadly it can take a number of calls before you will get to talk to someone who knows the process on how to unlock you account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Mary80 This message was authored by: Mary80

Thankyou this has helped me so much to hear exactly what has been happening for over a week , I have tried every way to understand why I cannot recieve or send any emails other than error contact this number to unlock your sky ID , the number sends a link I follow instructions get to put in my password and it tells me my sky ID is locked call this number , I can't get through to speak to anyone as I don't have a customer number but I have had this email 20 years , they said to set up another email  which I have but this has happened previously it took 5 hours speaking to various departments they told me they didn't know how to solve it as you have said all my data bank correspondents memberships are sending information and I can't get anything Thankyou for reassuring me I'm not the only one 

@Mary80  Sorry to hear of the difficulty you're having. Locked accounts aren't common,  but they do arise from time to time - mine has been locked twice over the years. It appears that not all advisers know how to go about getting them unlocked. There might be an added difficulty in your case as you no longer have a Sky subscription which means that advisers may not have any information they can use to verify your identity.

You could,try calling the number in the message but stay on the line after the bot says it will send you a link -  in other circumstances customers are then connected to an adviser. I don't know if it's the same for locked accounts, but it may be worth a try.

This message was authored by Maria54 This message was authored by: Maria54

Email’s suddenly locked.

Was on my emails on Tuesday morning then got random messages of friends saying I need to ask a favour and then not able to get into my emails on sky yahoo etc phoned sky not helpful because I couldn't answer security password which was set up yrs ago so frustrating 

Re: Email’s suddenly locked.

If you can't pass the security password question then Sky should be able to identify you my other means so when you call them back again let them know you do not know the answer and can they ask you something else about your account that you will be able to answer.

@Maria54 wrote:

Was on my emails on Tuesday morning then got random messages of friends saying I need to ask a favour and then not able to get into my emails on sky yahoo etc phoned sky not helpful because I couldn't answer security password which was set up yrs ago so frustrating 

I'm guessing you no longer subscribe to any Sky services? 

This message was authored by Maria54 This message was authored by: Maria54

Mark I do still have services but for some reason not yahoo emails 

@Maria54 wrote:

Mark I do still have services but for some reason not yahoo emails 

I would suggest calling Sky back and simply tell Sky that you can't remember your telephone password and ask to set up a new one. As @caesarome posted Sky should be able to check your identity by other information they hold about you. Once you've done that you can raise the email issue or call back later to do so, using your new telephone password .

When you do call them and if you manage to pass the password stage don't mention that your email account has been locked because if you see the same message when trying to access your online account here:

https://www.sky.com/mydetails/account-info

Just tell them that your Sky account is locked, don't mention that your email one is as doing so will get you no where and hopefully someone will know how to unlock it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion