Discussion topic: Suspiscious Email from Sky.

This message was authored by AllanC2 This message was authored by: AllanC2

Suspiscious Email from Sky.

I have received an email containing the following text.

Hello Sky Mail Customer,

We’re writing to let you know that we are updating our privacy policy. The updated privacy policy will be published and take effect on 27th June 2024.
All accounts not updated will stop processing incoming emails and PDF attachments permanently and will no longer accept logins after the due date.

A panel is displayed after this containing the text 'UPDATE NOW'.

The email continues.

If you do nothing, you may no longer be able to access your Sky.com email via your preferred email application.

Kind regards,
Thank you for choosing Sky. We'll be in touch again soon.
The Sky Team

A Sky Broandband logo is then shown follwed bt the text.

My Account  |  Help & Support  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Privacy Policy
© 2024 Sky UK Ltd. Sky UK Ltd (company no. 02906991) has its registered office at
Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.'

The sender's email address seems very suspiscious. It was sent by someone at 'dwidayatravel.com'.

I suspect this email to be spam. Can anyone confirm whether it is spam or whether it is genuine.

Allan.

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Suspiscious Email from Sky.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AllanC2 wrote:

The sender's email address seems very suspiscious. It was sent by someone at 'dwidayatravel.com'.

I suspect this email to be spam. Can anyone confirm whether it is spam or whether it is genuine.

Allan.                                    

You are correct @AllanC2 is is spam so mark it as so. There are a few ways to tell, firstly if it was from Sky they would address you by your first name and not just "Dear Sky Mail customer". Secondly Sky would never send you an email out of the blue with a link to be clicked through and finally any updates to the email platform would be done by Sky or Yahoo. So you were right to be suspicious of this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@AllanC2 wrote:

Allan.                                    

You are correct @AllanC2 is is spam so mark it as so. There are a few ways to tell, firstly if it was from Sky they would address you by your first name and not just "Dear Sky Mail customer". Secondly Sky would never send you an email out of the blue with a link to be clicked through and finally any updates to the email platform would be done by Sky or Yahoo. So you were right to be suspicious of this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by MrsL1 This message was authored by: MrsL1

I've had a very similar email this morning with 3 non-Sky email addresses as Sender. It's being marked as spam immediately.

IMG_5775.png

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@MrsL1 wrote:

I've had a very similar email this morning with 3 non-Sky email addresses as Sender. It's being marked as spam immediately.

Quite right. There's no 'Classic' version of Sky Yahoo Mail.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@MrsL1 wrote:

It's being marked as spam immediately

That is the thing to do if you receive these.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion