Discussion topic: Sky email

This message was authored by lesleymar This message was authored by: lesleymar

Sky email

My email address was hacked and I have had to change my password. I have lost all emails from my inbox and now any new emails go straight into archive. How do I get them back into my  inbox and is there any chance I can get the previous emails back as there in stuff that I needed 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's unlikely you were hacked, but you may be one of the many who have inadvertently fallen for one of the many phishing emails inviting you to upgrade, or verify your email account. They lead to a fake login page where you give away your username and password.

Go to Settings, then More Settings, and Filters. Delete anything there that you didn't set up yourself. You'll need to use a PC or laptop or use a tablet in desktop mode to see the settings.

Yahoo have a recovery process which works for Sky Yahoo Mail too. It may recover some of the emails removed from your Inbox.  If it doesn't they're likely gone for good, I'm afraid.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln2552.html;_ylt=AwrIf9Vl0zxmPwQA0N5LBQx.;_ylu=Y29sbwNpcjIEcG9zAzEEdnRpZA...

You  might want to consider setting up 2 step login to provide extra security for your email account. If you do, be sure to make a separate note of the Recovery Code which is displayed on screen, as it turns off 2 step login if you have a problem.

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-yahoo-mail/two-step-verif/articles/two-step-verification

lesleymar
Topic Author

Hi thank you but there is one problem, I go into settings and there isn't more settings  option, tried all that this morning. How come my iPhone doesn't have more settings 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Try landscape or, if iPhones has it, desktop mode as I mentioned before. 'More settings' is at the bottom of the Settings pop-up.

lesleymar
Topic Author

Defo don't have more settings anywhere on the screen in landscape or portrait.  Tried everywhere but it's just not there 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You need to load the page up in desktop mode or if you have a Mac, PC or tablet give it a go on one of these instead.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@lesleymar wrote:

Defo don't have more settings anywhere on the screen in landscape or portrait.  Tried everywhere but it's just not there 

You need to use a browser to get to the more settings. You can use Safari in dektop mode.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion