Discussion topic: Secondary Email Accounts

This message was authored by NicholasLBH This message was authored by: NicholasLBH

Secondary Email Accounts

I have been with SKY for many years.  When I first joined Sky, I opened a secondary email account for a family member, which has proved to be invaluable and is in constant use.    I am the customer of Sky and the primary email account holder.   I now understand, when Yahoo took over email, they no longer made it possible to make any changes to the secondary account, or to add any additional email accounts.   My biggest concern at the moment is losing the secondary email account, if I ever left Sky at some point in the future.  I would want to retain both email accounts, if possible.  Because both accounts are actively used.   Does anyone know?     

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Secondary Email Accounts

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NicholasLBH  If you left Sky your email accounts would continue as long as you logged in to them on a regular basis.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

NicholasLBH
Topic Author
This message was authored by NicholasLBH This message was authored by: NicholasLBH

Hello GD1.  Thank you for your reply.   Are you fairly sure that both the primary and the secondary email accounts will continue to be usuable ?  I was fairly certain my one would be OK but I was worrried about losing the secondary email account.   They are both invaluable and in constant use.   I would suggest there aren't many Sky customers still using secondary accounts. As far as I know, when Yahoo took over email, this facility to add a secondary email account was no longer offered.   Many thanks.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@NicholasLBH just to add that we've seen occasional issues reported here in obtaining support from Sky when necessary for email problems, once there's no longer an active Sky subscription. To be honest I'd recommend you and your family member take steps over time to move to a non ISP provider such as gmail. 

We've also seen regular reports here of Sky Yahoo Mail randomly deleting emails, which are not always recoverable, so you might wish to consider backing up emails that are important to you.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@NicholasLBH wrote:

Hello GD1.  Thank you for your reply.   Are you fairly sure that both the primary and the secondary email accounts will continue to be usuable ?  I was fairly certain my one would be OK but I was worrried about losing the secondary email account.   They are both invaluable and in constant use.   I would suggest there aren't many Sky customers still using secondary accounts. As far as I know, when Yahoo took over email, this facility to add a secondary email account was no longer offered.   Many thanks.

@NicholasLBH 

As long as you logging on a regular basis then you will have no issues with any of your email accounts and by this I mean logging in online then you keep access to them for as long as you want. However I do agree with @Mark39 as there are better email suppliers out there like Gmail (from Google) so if you were to set up accounts with them they are not connected to suppliers like Sky so if you move from a company your email address and who runs it will not be an issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Just to correct you, Sky deciding to no longer offer email addresses had nothing to do with Yahoo, it happened 6 years after Yahoo began providing the email service.

I have a secondary Sky email address which is still working 13 years after I left Sky, however the concern about proving identity, should any problems occur with the account, is a very valid one.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion