Discussion topic: Error code 421 - not receiving emails from ONE email address - not blocked by me - HELP!

This message was authored by LLLLLJAMMMMM This message was authored by: LLLLLJAMMMMM

Error code 421 - not receiving emails from ONE email address - not blocked by me - HELP!

For some reason, since 18/12/23, I can no longer receive emails from one particular email address.  I have checked that it is not blocked (by me)

Below is the extract that the sender received back.

1/11/2024 2:48:52 PM - Server at DB9PR05MB8475.eurprd05.prod.outlook.com returned '550 5.4.300 Message expired -> 421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError'
1/11/2024 2:29:49 PM - Server at mx-eu.mail.am0.yahoodns.net (188.125.72.74) returned '421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError'

I can receive emails (from said address) into another email account - so I know the emails can come in.

I CANNOT work out what I need to do? or whether this will resolve itself?

From my reading around, it looks like Yahoo have decided the sender is a spam account (it isn't) - so how do we get this resolved? NB I am not IT savvy and struggle with some of the terminology - so any help, taht a layman can understand and implement, would be extremely helpful!!!

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Error code 421 - not receiving emails from ONE email address - not blocked by me - HELP!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Would that happen to be a hotmail address, there have been previous reports of hotmail addresses being rejected?

LLLLLJAMMMMM
Topic Author
This message was authored by LLLLLJAMMMMM This message was authored by: LLLLLJAMMMMM

Re: Error code 421 - not receiving emails from ONE email address - not blocked by me - HELP!

Hi Jayach

Not a hotmail account.  It is a .net email address .  They are not having any other email kick backs mine. I am clueless as to how to resolve.  Any help is much appreciated!  

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@LLLLLJAMMMMM wrote:

I am clueless as to how to resolve.  

Me too I'm afraid, and Google wasn't much help.

421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError - Google Search

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@LLLLLJAMMMMM 

What email program are you using to access your emails ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
LLLLLJAMMMMM
Topic Author

My emails are accessed via Apple Mail BUT I have also logged directly into my Web Yahoo account (I usually always keep it accessed, just to check if something falls between)- they are the same (ie both missing these emails from a particular .net sender).   So (I think!)  the issue is either:

1) Yahoo has blocked the sender

2) the sender has done something which is preventing them from sending to me (the sender is as confused as I am - neither of us have done anything.

I cannot speak to anyone at Yahoo - there seems no way of contacting them.  Or should I and/or sender be contacting microsoft support?  I am completely confused by the jargon and technology...why is it so difficult to resolve??

This message was authored by R.J.Howbrook This message was authored by: R.J.Howbrook

did this ever get resolved, same issue here

This message was authored by NickParks This message was authored by: NickParks

Same issue here too, several instances of people mailing to my sky email address, only to get a bounceback a couple of days later - 

"- Server at mx-eu.mail.am0.yahoodns.net (188.125.72.74) returned '421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError'"

This message was authored by VJ55 This message was authored by: VJ55

I am also seen several instances of people mailing to my sky email address, only to get a bounceback a couple of days later. I can't find anywhere that explains how to resolve this issue or how to contact someone on sky yahoo account admin to help resolve.

Has anyone had any luck resolving this issue? 

LLLLLJAMMMMM
Topic Author

My issue did resolve BUT it was the senders issue - I still don't fully undertand what happened but it seems that Yahoo is extremely sensitive to perceived spam - if it thinks someone is sending spam or bulk messages - then it blocks them from coming in.  As you can tell, I am not technically minded - I suggest you contact the initial sender and get them to enquire from their side.

NB I had absolutely no luck in finding someone from sky or yahoo to talk to about this..... very frustrating!

This message was authored by stevetg This message was authored by: stevetg

Same issue here.  I can no longer send from a live.co.uk (which is Microsoft) to a Sky Yahoo email address.  I find it hard to believe that Microsoft have changed anything at their end, more inclined to believe Yahoo have changed something at their receiving end which is blocking Microsoft emails...    I have found no resolution yet. 

This message was authored by Ofc23 This message was authored by: Ofc23

+1

having the same issue. My partner (live.co.uk) is no longer able to email me....

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion