Discussion topic: Emails been deleted from inbox

This message was authored by dexterdog2 This message was authored by: dexterdog2

Emails been deleted from inbox

Why is Yahoo randomly deleting Emails from peoples Inbox.

First my son had Emails deleted from his inbox a few weeks ago and Yahoo and Sky are playing pass the parcel as to who's fault it is.

Then today a number of Emails have Dissapeared from my Inbox, some of which are very important.

And no my account hasn't been hacked an no they havn't been moved to a ifferent folder.

Reading a number of comments and threads on here it seems to be a common so why isn't sky or Yahoo admitting they have a problem and doing something about it.

I think as many people as possible should start bringing this to light with Sky and Yahoo and on social media.

I have requested an Email restoration with Yahoo bu tim not holding my breath.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Emails been deleted from inbox

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yahoo does, it seems, have a habit of deleting emails randomly. I'd suggest not leaving emails in your Inbox but moving those you want to keep into a separate folder you've created for yourself. Better still, ditch Sky Yahoo Mail and use a different provider.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Emails been deleted from inbox

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dexterdog2 wrote:

Why is Yahoo randomly deleting Emails from peoples Inbox.

It is a common issue as you have to ask yourself why Yahoo have an email retrieval option setup as per this:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

If you do this and they are restored then it would be advisable not to store all your emails in your inbox if this is where they were located, but instead set up separate folders to keep them in.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion