Discussion topic: Email hacked on Mother's Day

This message was authored by NicNack1 This message was authored by: NicNack1

Email hacked on Mother's Day

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Scammer sent message to me from WITHIN my own email to gloat " How do you like being scammed?!" after causing all sorts of problems where I had to cancel cards at the banks.

These messages are still sitting in my "sent" box.
Can Yahoo trace what IP address they were sent from?

They hacked my Uber Eats and Ebay accounts to send things to Ash Road, which I assume is just a prank address.

I spent my Mother's Day trying to cancel cards with banks and trying to stop transactions happening.

I have not shared my passwords with anyone, so how have they managed to get into my email and send me a message?

Hoping Yahoo can use the 3 messages marked "scam" / "scammed" in my sent folder to follow this up.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Email hacked on Mother's Day

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NicNack1  I doubt Yahoo will investigate the hackers for you. What would you expect them to do?

I'm afraid the onus is on you to keep your personal details safe from hackers.  You need to ensure any account email or otherwise has secure passwords & 2FA where provided.

Have you reported this to Action Fraud?  https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Email hacked on Mother's Day

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NicNack1 I agree it's highly unlikely Yahoo or Sky would follow this up. Email hacking is rare unless your password is one that someone you know might be able to guess it. More likely you've inadvertently given away your login details by clicking on a link to a fake website asking you to log in.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion