Discussion topic: Can’t access emails as not receiving two stage verification code

This message was authored by Craigybaby69 This message was authored by: Craigybaby69

Can’t access emails as not receiving two stage verification code

Hello, I am trying to access my emails, but I only get as far as wait for two step verification code, I don't receive one, even if I send again, the timer just counts down.

I can't get a recovery code, so I am just going round in circles, is this is ring up Sky Customer Service line fault ? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanking everyone in advance

Raif 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Can’t access emails as not receiving two stage verification code

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you kept a separate note of the Recovery Code, as Sky recommended, you can use it to turn off 2 step login.

If not, and assuming your mobile number hasn't changed, then yes, best call for some help.

I assume there's no generic problem with the sending of Verification Codes, as yours is the only recent post on the subject

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

If you kept a separate note of the Recovery Code, as Sky recommended, you can use it to turn off 2 step login.

If not, and assuming your mobile number hasn't changed, then yes, best call for some help.

I assume there's no generic problem with the sending of Verification Codes, as yours is the only recent post on the subject

This message was authored by EAlvey This message was authored by: EAlvey

Hi 

I am having this problem and can't seem to get any help 

did you work out how to fix the problem ?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@EAlvey wrote:

Hi 

I am having this problem and can't seem to get any help 

did you work out how to fix the problem ?

If you don't have the Recovery Code your only option is to call, I'm afraid. 

Craigybaby69
Topic Author
This message was authored by Craigybaby69 This message was authored by: Craigybaby69

Rang Sky a couple of times, it's with their "Technical" team, it takes up to 21 days to sort out, to remove the two step verification code thing.

Once this is sorted I'll be moving all my emails to Gmail, and access them via the outlook app.

second time this has happened, Sky/Yahoo is pants 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Craigybaby69 wrote:

Rang Sky a couple of times, it's with their "Technical" team, it takes up to 21 days to sort out, to remove the two step verification code thing.

Once this is sorted I'll be moving all my emails to Gmail, and access them via the outlook app.

@Craigybaby69 wrote:

You didn't keep a note of the Recovery Code after the first time?

Craigybaby69
Topic Author

The first time I wasn't locked out because of 2 step varification, I was just locked out "probably hacked or something similar", they never said what it was, just reset it.

Yes my fault for not noting the recovery code this time, but 21 days is an unacceptable length of time to sort out accessing my emails.

I won't be staying on Sky email after this 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion