Discussion topic: Accessible customer can’t access yahoo mail now

This message was authored by JoyDee This message was authored by: JoyDee

Accessible customer can’t access yahoo mail now

My mother is an accessibility customer and is having very big problems with yahoo mail.

When trying to log into email She doesn’t receive any of the 2 step verification codes from sky on her mobile. But  also she has forgotten her original recovery code so can't log in that way either.How on earth can i get her emails back and running? Help please! 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Accessible customer can’t access yahoo mail now

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What device does she use because if she didn't make a note of her recovery code the only other way to access her emails would be to set it up via an app or program like Outlook where 2 step authentication isn't needed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@JoyDee Sky's help here indicates that they can resolve this for your mother, albeit it's not instant. I suspect the difficulty will be finding a Sky adviser who knows how to do it.

"Lost your recovery code and mobile number? You will not be able to access your account until you prove you own it by other means. This is part of the protection Two Step Verification provides, and because of the added security it could take up to 21 days to get access again."

JoyDee
Topic Author

Re: Accessible customer can’t access yahoo mail now recovery code.

Thanks but she hasn't lost her mobile number she just isn't getting the  2 step codes by text message from Sky like she used to. But she can't go to the next stage as she can't remember her original recovery code. 

JoyDee
Topic Author

She only uses her laptop and basic mobile. She is an old lady ages 90+ and all she wants to do is access her emails like she always has done. Wherever i go in my searches i just seem to get a dead end. Not impressed with sky/yahoo 

JoyDee
Topic Author

Also i would have thought her being an Assessible customer Sky would put themselves out to help a bit more than they are at present. 

@JoyDee wrote:

Also i would have thought her being an Assessible customer Sky would put themselves out to help a bit more than they are at present. 

I think that is because this 2 step process doesn't appear to be one of the best and we seem to be seeing bits added to it as the weeks go on, as an example the option to retrieve the account after a 21 day wait appears to be a recent addition as I'm not sure it was there previously. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: Accessible customer can’t access yahoo mail now recovery code.

@JoyDee wrote:

Thanks but she hasn't lost her mobile number she just isn't getting the  2 step codes by text message from Sky like she used to. But she can't go to the next stage as she can't remember her original recovery code. 

I imagine Sky would consider that a lost Recovery Code....

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Mark39 wrote:

@JoyDee Sky's help here indicates that they can resolve this for your mother, albeit it's not instant. I suspect the difficulty will be finding a Sky adviser who knows how to do it.

"Lost your recovery code and mobile number? You will not be able to access your account until you prove you own it by other means. This is part of the protection Two Step Verification provides, and because of the added security it could take up to 21 days to get access again."

@Mark39 

Useful link, how long has that been available?

I've read through it, but I can't figure out how someone would instigate the "lost recover code" process. I presume it will require calling them, but you would think they would at least give a phone number.

@jayach wrote:

@Mark39 

Useful link, how long has that been available?'ve read through it, but I can't figure out how someone would instigate the "lost recover code" process. I presume it will require calling them, but you would think they would at least give a phone number.

I don't know, to be honest. I happened to come across it a few days ago when I was looking for something else. I've no idea what Sky would be doing during the 21 days period they mention.

There is a phone number there, if you select 'still need help' then 'prefer to get in touch'

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Mark39 wrote:

There is a phone number there, if you select 'still need help' then 'prefer to get in touch'

Let's just hope the agents on the phone have been briefed on what to do..

I wouldn't bet on it but I guess we will see soon enough...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion