Discussion topic: unidentified network - ethernet- tried everything

This message was authored by helpplease2345 This message was authored by: helpplease2345

unidentified network - ethernet- tried everything

So i have an ethernet issue, my wifi works fine, but when i connect my ethernet it always shows as unidentified network error- no valid ip configuration. iv googled and iv tried EVERYTHING that has been suggested but its simply not working. iv tried plugging it into my laptop also but same story. can anyone help if you have had this isse before and how did you fix it. at my wits end with it. thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: unidentified network - ethernet- tried everything

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@helpplease2345 

Sounds like it could be one of the following;

- Your cable isnt fully gigabit compliant so the Sky hub doesnt like it

- Your PC/Laptop wont negotiate at the same speed your Sky hub wants to negotiate at

- Your PC/Laptop isnt set to use DHCP on the ethernet interface and the IP it is set to isnt in the correct range for the Sky hub.

The first troubleshooting step would be to log into the routers admin interface and change the ethernet mode to 'Fast'

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
helpplease2345
Topic Author
This message was authored by helpplease2345 This message was authored by: helpplease2345

Hi there. 

Thanks for replying. 

I have switched it to fast but the issue is still there. The status of the network has changed to Network 2 but days no Internet access on It.  

Any other suggestions as I'm quickly losing hope abd about to give up and leave it with just WiFi. 

Thanks 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@helpplease2345 

You'd need to check your device is set to use DHCP and not a static IP that is out of the range of the Sky hub

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion