Discussion topic: slow connection since sky went down in whole area

This message was authored by Janet60 This message was authored by: Janet60

slow connection since sky went down in whole area

hello

we have a pretty bad line to our house as it is... about a week ago the whole of the area we live lost internet with sky and bt... since then our connection speed of 25 has been dropping by 1 every day... and its now reacing 13mbps... its below the sky speed guarantee for more than a week and cant seem to get anyone on the phone to help...   

when we had a BT engineer out last they said to phone sky for some form or line reset that comes from the box that can be done remotely?? is there a way to arrange this online as idk what the reset was called they said todo is?

ive added the speed list and the router stats to this post in case its something else 

thank you! 

Janet60_0-1719145675529.pngJanet60_1-1719145715949.png

Janet60_2-1719145739829.png

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: slow connection since sky went down in whole area

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Janet60 

Looks like you reset the hub an hour and twenty minutes ago. DLM will detect this as the continuation of the line fault. Don't reset the hub for 10-14 days since the engineer visit and see if the noise margin decreases and speed increases

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Janet60
Topic Author

i guess you mean the engineer who fixed the area outage?? As we haven't had one in the house directly since April... if it still drops lower still before the 14 days something else is wrong inside again??

Thanks 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Janet60 

Its hard to determine exactly where the fault is until an engineer specifically comes to your house and resets dlm at the cabinet.

As it stands it would be advisable to call sky or we can escalate to sky for you

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Janet60
Topic Author

If your able to that would be great.. what you said todo with the cabinet could be what the engineer in April said is needed often.. i will ask for them to right it down next time so it's more easy to understand the technical stuff 

Thanks for your help 

@Janet60 

Keep an eye on this forum using a chrome browser

I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite red and blue chat bubble. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Janet60 

A raised noise margin of that high, eg: 19.8dB on DS1 would indicate a fault that needs addressing by an engineer visit, usually when it is that high the fault is near or in the premises. Can you confirm you are using the master socket which is prefiltered faceplate?

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Janet60
Topic Author

hi yes i can confirm the router is connected via the main wall socket that goes directly to the teliphone pole.. in april they put in a new socket shell aswell to prevent futher issues... does appear to have not worked if it was that? (next door is also with sky and is also connected to the same pole and theres is at 30mbps for speed compared to us...

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Janet60 

The issue is likely at the pole with a poor connection in the junctions box at the pole which the engineer probably didn't check the last time an engineer was assigned.

Recommend Openreach look at the pole for a poor joint.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Janet60.

Janet60
Topic Author

currently sky are looking at the issue remotely and say its a sky issue and got to wait 9 days to see if what ever they did has improved.. still getting worse currently but unfortunately they wont send a openreach engineer until this was done first as they say this the steps that are needed to be done first when the last 6 times someone was sent out right away???   personlly i will still say there wasting there time with us sadly as normally there nice 😞  

(spoken to someone in the street who works for openreach that was at a box who has said that they really should be sending openreach out)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion