Discussion topic: never received activation text for broadband

This message was authored by skytarajane This message was authored by: skytarajane

never received activation text for broadband

Hello! Yesterday I received this message: "Hello. Your Sky Broadband will be remotely activated today (anytime up to midnight). Once your services are active we'll send you a text to confirm." I never received a second text and our internet is of course not active here. Me and husband desperately need internet for our remote jobs that start at 9am today! Is there any way I can chat to someone who can help? I cannot get through on telephone. Thanks for any help!

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: never received activation text for broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@skytarajane Sky do not activate the lines that is done by Openreach and unfortunately yesterday their engineers were on their second 24 hour strike which may have impacted your activation 2 working days have been lost since 28th July..

If you contact Sky this morning they should have a report from Openreach, the lines open at 7am.  As you were sent the first text it implies Openreach were expecting to activate yeterday despite the strike so it might be that action failed as the line may need further work that will take as long as it takes unfortunately.. 

You are buying a domestic connection from Sky so the fact you are using the connection for work does not increase the priority. The Service Level Agreement on domestic lines is a fix within 2 working days from the report which if not met means the customer gets paid compensation at the rate of £8.40 per day once the fault is fixed not that all faults are fixed within that time. Therefore it is sensible to have a fall back plan for how you will work if your home connection fails,.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion