Discussion topic: gigafast my eye

This message was authored by deeka24 This message was authored by: deeka24

gigafast my eye

signed up for gigafast as i found my internet to be rubbish, i keep monitoring my speed and am getting no better than i had average 130mbs the best i have had is 210mbs and as low as 59mbs not the service i signed up for so much for the 900mbs with a gaurentee of 600mbs not worth the money at all

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: gigafast my eye

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@deeka24 

Is that speed on a wireless device or one running on ethernet to the Sky Hub?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
deeka24
Topic Author

hi it's wireless from router to my pc, i have sky glass but if i use it wireless i get that daft rotating symball for ages trying to watch anytime t.v if i plug it into the router with a cable it works no problem.  most alexa devices i have in the house have to be re connected on a regular basis, as all seem to drop out, i also have 2 boosters as i can't get wi-fi in a lot of the house without them, i don't live in a palace just a 3 bed terrace, 

hope that answers your question

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@deeka24 

OK, so as a basic principle it's not possible to work out what speed an internet connection is running  by using wireless devices, because they 'test' the speed of the local WiFi, not the connection from the internet to the Hub.  Unfortunately a Glass television set only has a 100Mbs ethernet chipset and so cannot usefully test a Gigabit connection either.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
deeka24
Topic Author

ok thank you point taken i will take my laptop and plug into the router directly and try ahain

thank you

deeka24
Topic Author

so i turned the wi-fi off on my dell inspiron laptop and plugged in ethernet cable directly to the router the result was worse 47.1 mps so much for the prommise of 6oo mps i have an engineer coming out in the morning, if it is not drasticlly improved they can stick it

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion