Discussion topic: Wifi available, but no Internet

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Wifi available, but no Internet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@webb11  Have you tried @jamesn123  suggestion?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

webb11
Topic Author
This message was authored by webb11 This message was authored by: webb11

I'll give that a go...

webb11
Topic Author
This message was authored by webb11 This message was authored by: webb11

I've tried the reset. 3 devices now connect (was 1 before). The tv still doesn't connect. No devices connect upstairs, including 2 tvs. I have a sky booster which I have resync'd with wps. 

Still in the help zone! 

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@webb11 wrote:

I've tried the reset. 3 devices now connect (was 1 before). The tv still doesn't connect. No devices connect upstairs, including 2 tvs. I have a sky booster which I have resync'd with wps. 

Still in the help zone! 

@webb11 

On the TV, is there an option to "forget" the connection then re-add after you've re-set the Hub?

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Iggy66 This message was authored by: Iggy66

Has anyone found out what the issue is and how to fix it. I'm having the same issue- Sky advised engineer has fixed the fault in the line but I'm still not getting internet access even after doing all the  recommended restarts and wire checks. Just the 2 lights pier  and Wi-Fi

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Iggy66 

If you "run tests" on your my sky app using mobile data it should let you book an engineer if an external fault is found

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Iggy66 This message was authored by: Iggy66

Day 10 BT open reach say they fixed the external issue, still no internet. Sky engineer attended yesterday- no issue inside the house, he tried a new router and still the same issue. Appears the issue is external so another appointment with BT open reach- I suspect it's a cross line, when running the sky app it's states everything is fine but the 4 devices connected to the Wi-Fi are not mine-  I assume that once resolved I should receive auto compensation for the loss of use for broadband services 

This message was authored by Doug+W This message was authored by: Doug+W

I keep having the same problem.

Devices are connected to WiFi but say no internet connection.

Router lights are all green.

Does this mean there's a problem at the exchange?

This message was authored by Stephen95 This message was authored by: Stephen95

Im suffering the same issues they sent out a new box and still the same 

This message was authored by Emmafash This message was authored by: Emmafash

I have the same thing. Last two days no broadband. Now says broadband working. Tan the test it says I have Wi-Fi but not actually working on any devices

This message was authored by SteveB111 This message was authored by: SteveB111

The links don't work?  Even when I go back to my main account and search the connection link. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

I know people all have similar symptoms but the cause and therefore the so,ution maybe different .

It helps the forum experts if you start a thread each. In your first post can you post your hub's stats Find your Sky Broadband router statistics as these tell us a lot about the service you are buying and how the hub is performing. Can you briefly explain the problem and whzt you have done so far. If we can give you an answer which solves the problem then  mark that post as an answer. 

Thanks

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

IMG_4055.png

Doing this on phone so not easy. 
Taken hours trying to reset it all 

That image didn't show up for some reason.

Called SKY, spoke to an automated message, for 15 mins who checked the line and booked an engineer for Thursday. So I have no internet for 3 days including yesterday. Not great when work from home 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion