Discussion topic: Wi-Fi camera issues - stability problem with fibre ?

This message was authored by Tina+Cora This message was authored by: Tina+Cora

Wi-Fi camera issues - stability problem with fibre ?

I recently upgraded to Sky Fibre and in the last few days my Ring cameras have started misbehaving.  
They're all showing a good, strong Wi-Fi signal and carry out their own 'health checks' and show no issues.

However, they consistently miss events - this shows as a prompt for motion but no video records.

Basically, I've reset all of the Ring equipment and I'm now looking at the possibility that I'm losing internet, albeit intermittently. I was using the Sky router but I've switched back to my TP-Link Archer VR600 but the problem persists.

We contacted Sky who tested the stability of the line (there and then) and said it was good.
Is there any way that Sky can monitor the stability over a 24 hour period ? Sky just kept saying that the Wi-Fi mustn't be strong enough, but this is nonsense. 
Just to clarify - the cameras have good Wi-Fi signals and they worked perfectly before the upgrade. 
When fibre was first installed our speeed was 150mb. It's now between 70 and 80mb as measured by the router. 
Thanks for any advice. 👍

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Wi-Fi camera issues - stability problem with fibre ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tina+Cora wrote:

When fibre was first installed our speeed was 150mb. It's now between 70 and 80mb as measured by the router.

You should insist that's investigated: the minimum for Ultrafast 1 is supposed to be 100Mbs.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion