Discussion topic: Why was my sky engineer appointment cancelled on Friday 23rd February 2023

This message was authored by Fowler+FC This message was authored by: Fowler+FC

Why was my sky engineer appointment cancelled on Friday 23rd February 2023

My engineer arrived at my house on Friday 23rd February 2023 and had a phone call from Sky to say stop what he was doing and leave. Why did this happen 

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Why was my sky engineer appointment cancelled on Friday 23rd February 2023

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fowler+FC 

Best call them on 150 from your sky landline or sky mobile or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

For an update

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Why was my sky engineer appointment cancelled on Friday 23rd February 2023

@Fowler+FC 

Best call them on 150 from your sky landline or sky mobile or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

For an update

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Fowler+FC
Topic Author
This message was authored by Fowler+FC This message was authored by: Fowler+FC

why was my engineer told to leave my home and stop installing sky and broadband without explanation

my engineer arrived and was told to leave.  on 24th February.  Apparently this was nationwide with many customers.  no explanation given.  left me with no lsndline, no phones and only 3 tv's with freeview

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: why was my engineer told to leave my home and stop installing sky and broadband without explanat

@Fowler+FC wrote:

my engineer arrived and was told to leave.  on 24th February.  Apparently this was nationwide with many customers.  no explanation given.  left me with no lsndline, no phones and only 3 tv's with freeview

@Fowler+FC not smething I have heard before but you are not contacting Sky's customer services on here, this is a customer to customer forum where customers help each other.

You can contact Sky by phone by dialling 150 if Sky is your phone provider or by following the link below
https://www.sky.com/help/home
scroll down to need more help click on this and you will find a phone number. If you are in ROI please change the flag at the bottom right to the ROI flag

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Re: why was my engineer told to leave my home and stop installing sky and broadband without explanat

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Fowler+FC 

I'm sorry to hear of this and I'd like to look into this further. If possible can you provide more information especially regarding this being a nationwide issue so I can investigate further. 

Thank you. 

Kirsty

Community Manager

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion