Discussion topic: Why does Disney+ load the Netherlands version?

This message was authored by theskyisblue123 This message was authored by: theskyisblue123

Why does Disney+ load the Netherlands version?

I'm using Sky Broadband in the UK. One thing I noticed is when I load disneyplus.com it loads en-nl and the name of the site shows Disney+ Netherlands.

Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 12.00.12 AM.png

However if I switch to my mobile hotspot (EE) I get Disney+ UK. Any reason for this?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Why does Disney+ load the Netherlands version?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@theskyisblue123 presumably Disney use a system of geo-fencing which uses the country the IP address is mapped to. If you have Sky Go or Netflux do they also think you are in Europe? If they dont I suspect its an issue at Disney's end which you can ignore if the app works normally.

Not heard of Sky using Dutch IP addresses a few years ago we had an issue where customers in the UK were getting  Italian versions of sites which was traced to Sky moving a block of IP4 between markets. However I am not aware of Sky providing broadband in the Netherlands.

If it bugs you and its an IP location issue power down your hub for 60 minutes which should change your IP address to a UK one.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion