Discussion topic: What's the simplest and quickest way to cancel my Sky Broadband?

eCubation
Topic Author
This message was authored by eCubation This message was authored by: eCubation

Re: What's the simplest and quickest way to cancel my Sky Broadband?

@Daniel0210 I don't have Sky Talk Landline or Sky Mobile (thankfully) and that link is useless (as I've mentioned in an earlier post). 

eCubation
Topic Author

As I (still) want to cancel my Sky Ireland broadband service, I have tried numerous ways to get in contact with SKY via the various options, as follows (all of which failed):

1. Via the relevant website link - https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband-roi : When I click the 'Yes, I still need help' button at the bottom of the page, nothing happens. I've tried this using Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers.

2. Messenger (aka Sky's Virtual Assistant) : I was led through hoops by SKY's 'virtual assistant' to make sure I am who I say I am and why I am in contact. The 'assistant then informs me that I must speak to one of their 'billing experts' but they are quite busy and will connect you 'as soon as possible.' One hour later, 'we have not forgotten you', 'your query is important to us'. No info given on how long the holdtime is and no option to get a call back. I finally left the chat after 70 minutes.

3. Call Sky Ireland Customer Care (on 1800 927 476) : Once I made the Virtual Assistant aware of my intention to cancel my broadband contract, the recorded voice just asked me to please continue to hold but after being on hold for 40 minutes, I couldn't hold any longer.

As none of the above has been successful, I have lodged a formal complaint with the Communications Regulator and I expect to have this issue resolved within a few business days.

Thanks for everyone's contributions, suggestions and advice.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@eCubation 

You cant just hang up on the phone after 40mins and then put in a complaint saying your attempt was unsuccessful, it doesnt work like that. Sky's phone lines have busy & quiet periods just like any other business. I suggest you try early in the morning or later in the evening. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
eCubation
Topic Author

@jamesn123 My attempts at trying to cancel Sky broadband have been unsuccessful as Sky purposely make it that difficult (when providers like Virgin don't). 

Anyone can make a complaint about Sky if they want. It's quite easy (and relatively quick) to simply call Comreg, initiate a complaint, get the complaint contact details for Sky (directly from Comreg) and initiate the process. Sky have 10 business days to respond or else it gets escalated.

Having appauling customer services and online communication channels that are clearly not fit for purpose is simply not good enough. Nobody should have to put up with that.

In summary, the the simplest and quickest way to cancel my Sky Broadband was to lodge a formal complaint.

This message was authored by Krystyna+K This message was authored by: Krystyna+K

Hello,

If I am transfered to a new provider do I still have to pay all cancellation fee of remaining contract months? I am moving and apparently Sky broadband doesn't work there just another provider, can I cancell it different way if it's not my fault that their service is poor there and I don't won't to pay them for no service?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Krystyna+K Sky can release you from the contract if they decide that is reasonable so call them and discuss the subject. You cannot insist on being released your best chance is asking reasonably.

Some gaining providers will refund cancelkation charges for new customers - Sky do this for some people moving to them - so its worth asking your new provider..

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Michael+H1 This message was authored by: Michael+H1

I have Sky Broadband and need to cancel my subscription.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Michael+H1 
To cancel Sky Broadband and Sky Talk totally, or if you’re moving to Virgin Media you'll have to contact Sky and give the required notice of 14 days, but if you are still in the initial 18 months deal Sky could impose cancellation charges. This link may help https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband
If you are changing to another provider who also uses the Openreach infrastructure then join up with them and they should contact Sky on your behalf.
You’ll need to return any loaned router to Sky, so it’s very important you get proof of posting and keep it indefinitely. Return packaging will be sent out to you near the end of the notice period.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion