Discussion topic: Weak security on phone

This message was authored by Amandapanda123 This message was authored by: Amandapanda123

Weak security on phone

My phone says weak security. I've tried resetting my router but still the same. On iPhone 12 no updates available 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Weak security on phone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Amandapanda123 iPhones complain if they are not connected to a service using WPA3 the problem is very few other devices can cope with WPA3 as their chips only support WPA2. The vast majority of routers including the black Sky hubs only offer WPA2 which is considered secure by the industry so unless you are a target of a state security service or similar I really wouldn't not worry. However the new white Wifi Max hub Sky have recently introduced support WPA3 then the only issue is replacing all of your other devices wiith new equipment thst supports WPA3 so your iPhone is happy.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion