Discussion topic: Ups power supply back up

This message was authored by Eddy321 This message was authored by: Eddy321

Ups power supply back up

Hi , me again,  

So I managed to resolve my issue with my broadband speed on the hub 4.2, after several visits,  

Anyway,  we had a power cut during the weekend and the hub restarted as it would,  and my broadband speed plummeted from 39 Meg to 32 Meg,  I know the DLM must be seeing a fault on the line so the DLM does its job , 

So we have a few power cuts where I am so was wondering if it would be a good idea to get a power back up supply for the hub , ups , has anyone tried this and would it cause any issues, 

Also if you have and makes and models that would be helpful. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Ups power supply back up

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eddy321  Really depends on how long the power cut is going to last and could be longer than what time the UPS gives you.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Ups power supply back up

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eddy321 

Pricing of UPS units strongly correlates with stored energy (i.e. run time)

Note that units designed for computers often don't have regular three pin mains sockets.

There are different technologies which also affect price:

https://www.vertiv.com/en-emea/about/news-and-insights/articles/educational-articles/what-are-the-di... 

Also be aware that all UPS hardware has a finite lifespan because the batteries degrade over time.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion